Loco crew for Accucraft K-27?

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I’m trying to track down a driver (engineer?) and fireman for my Accucraft K-27. I really am hopeless at modifying figures, so if anyone out there knows where a set can be found I would be grateful to hear from you!

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
My preference is for the Woodland Scenics range. Can be found in some UK garden railway suppliers or bought direct from the US. This is the crew in my Accucraft K-27, they are a standard 2 man crew set supplemented by one from a 2 man set of shovellers. Max

20191118_081013.jpg

Bachmann Europe are the importers of the range. Woodland Scenics G Earl And Eddie Engineer WA2540 - Bachmann Europe I've got their stuff all over my layout and crewing nearly all my Fn3 stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I've got Mike and Ernie from Finefolk in my K27, but it's my understanding that the company has gorn bust. Both sit comfortably on the cab seats. They were pretty pricey back when I bought them in the US at something like fifteen bucks each.

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant!! Thanks for your help guys!! Both examples look excellent:)

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Earl and Eddie engineer are ordered and on their way :)

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
All those figures mentioned are 1:22.5 and the loco is 1:20.3. The crew should look like they are too big for the space, like the guys in my Bachmann Spectrum 2-6-0 ?

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
My apologies.

20 G Scale Figures painted and ready to run.

G Scale Figures by RailRoadAvenue Models
Sculpted at 1:20.3 and fit many different G scale locomotives. Bob to the left is known to fit the K-27 and K-36 as does his fireman Mike.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
A side by side comparison Woodland on the left, Railroad Accessories (?) to the right. Earl scales out around 5'6" and Bob at 6'. I did note that Bob, who arrived with my Accucraft K-27 for some reason had his left leg amputated above the knee. Possibly a legacy of a yard accident or did he suffer this indignity so he could get in and drive his favourite loco. Who knows ? Anyhow he now has prothetic fitted and rides in relative comfort in one of the WWL Co. cabooses, formerly of the Hobart Estate, where he just fits.

20191123_203629.jpg

Choice of crew and figures is down to personal preference and availability for me. Woodland figures have been reasonably available and in the UK for the 15 years I've been in this hobby, and offer a wide range to enhance a US theamed layout. Unlike other makes. Their sculpting is just the right side of "caricature" to my eye so they don't look too whimscal. Preiser is a good make too for general set dressing. I use the Bachmann UK figures for 16 mm loco crews. Max

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
My K27 is a Bachmann item but found getting crew figures is now becoming a bit of a chore so i modified a couple of Bachmann figures for this loco and also for my Connie,;)006.jpg010.jpg

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I followed Max and purchased Woodland Scenics figures. They fitted well in my 1:20.3 locos but needed liposuction to enable them to squeeze nicely into my LGB K28 :)