Loco address No.1 ?????????

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Is ther something odd or special about address No.1
My new (to me) Harz 2-6-2 was on address 6 and all workrd well but all mt digital stock is set to the last two digits of thier number - in this case 01. So I reset the loco to 01 and it worked OK, I got the back ground static steam noises but as it moved off - nothing else.i.e. no chuff chuff. The functions keys didn't work either - except 7 which toggles the smoke on and off. Checked the speed steps - just in case and that it was parellel not serial but no diff. Put is back on address 06 and all is well again - so on 6 it will stay for now.
But why????????

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
you need to program the sound unit seperatly, or re program the loco back to 6, as uve used the navigature? i take it allan.. :D

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Loks like I will have to get one of those computer/digital programmer thingies. Sprogs or what ever. :thinking:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
yes allan useing a navigature as we do, in conjuction with a mts3, it has its limitations, this being 1 off them.. either a sprog, or a lgb pc interface thingy.. :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Suggest that you try to run Loco Address 1. If the sounds all start up then you have found the problem, though I would have thought that the sound module address should have changed as well.
JonD

don9GLC

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Aberdeen
Best answers
<p>When I got a pre-owned LGB 'spaghetti' Ge4/4 I could not get lights and sound to work correctly, even after resetting the appropriate CVs. I eventually carried out a reset to factory defaults. I have a Massoth system and its easy enough to use the Nagigator handheld to set CVs. The 'friendly' LGB instruction book states </p><p>< <</p><p>To reprogram the factory pre-set function values with the 55015 select programming mode 'P' (display shows 'P--'). Then input 6. 5 and 5 and press the right arrow button. The display shows 'P--' again: input 5. 5 and 5 and press the right arrow button again.</p><p>> ></p><p>I think this procedure is equivalent of setting CV55 = 5. No guarantee that this will solve your problem but it worked for me and its easy enough to do.</p><p> </p><p>Don
</p>

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Stainzmeister - 9/11/2009 5:56 PM

mike - 7/11/2009 4:43 PM

you need to program the sound unit seperatly, or re program the loco back to 6, as uve used the navigature? i take it allan.. :D

Mike has hit the nail on the head, you need to take the sound unit out of the loco and programme it separately to your chosen number............1 in this case.
Then programme the loco minus the sound unit to the number 1, Then put the two back together again, then both will operate off the number "1".

Ask me how I know.......... :D

Thanks Paul (and all). It's working perfectly well on 6 at the moment so I think its going to stay there for the time being.