LGB Union Pacific Long Steel caboose?

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
Hello.. i was wondering if anybody has heard of or seen one of these.. that has been made by LGB to go with their Union Pacific Ab set...
has anybody got one or where they never made?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
they were produced

UP never used such a caboose to my knowledge though

but a nice looking caboose-
if you cant find UP-you might try to find an undecorated or other and repaint one
the UP lettering shouldn t be too difficult even if you have to use stock decals in red

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
they were produced

UP never used such a caboose to my knowledge though

but a nice looking caboose-
if you cant find UP-you might try to find an undecorated or other and repaint one
the UP lettering shouldn t be too difficult even if you have to use stock decals in red
Thanks steve, do you know of places that sell them, or even have them in stock?
I could reproduce one but it's a road i don't want to go down...

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
LGB 41790??
why yes i do-i just googled-onlytrains has on in stock i recall
145 US-may seem high-but ive got the SP and undec-they are really quite beautiful in proportion and detail
i think on blow out they were about 100-so the price to me is actually about what retail was five years ago

good hunting!

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
LGB 41790??
why yes i do-i just googled-onlytrains has on in stock i recall
145 US-may seem high-but ive got the SP and undec-they are really quite beautiful in proportion and detail
i think on blow out they were about 100-so the price to me is actually about what retail was five years ago

good hunting!
Cheers Steve :clap:

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
that may be
but with my F7s and Mikado
and ...imho...even the box cars etc - i think they look pretty great

i have always heard that, at least, with the Fs -the scale is about 1:26
im aware that the mikado too has more issues
-short tender and some funky wheel placements-but i love both locos -

the steel cabooses look great -and i think they are well proportioned-not the typically 'condensed' LGB
and imho-they are the only modern era caboose that will work-everything else is too small-either lengthwise or actual scale

phil i hope you bit the bullet and bought it-and i hope youll share pics when it arrives -
the tail lanterns -while not lighted-are easy enough to add an LGB bulb to the exisiting circuitry-
a bit of green lighting gel or green tamaya clear will change the lens colors to R-G-G, which is what UP uses

and if you Phil, like me, simply like lights and colors

-you could use R-Y-G if you like-it matches one of the UP branch lines signal directions in Oregon -Oregon Western Railroad and Navigation, if i recall correctly-

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
that may be
but with my F7s and Mikado
and ...imho...even the box cars etc - i think they look pretty great

i have always heard that, at least, with the Fs -the scale is about 1:26
im aware that the mikado too has more issues
-short tender and some funky wheel placements-but i love both locos -

the steel cabooses look great -and i think they are well proportioned-not the typically 'condensed' LGB
and imho-they are the only modern era caboose that will work-everything else is too small-either lengthwise or actual scale

phil i hope you bit the bullet and bought it-and i hope youll share pics when it arrives -
the tail lanterns -while not lighted-are easy enough to add an LGB bulb to the exisiting circuitry-
a bit of green lighting gel or green tamaya clear will change the lens colors to R-G-G, which is what UP uses

and if you Phil, like me, simply like lights and colors

-you could use R-Y-G if you like-it matches one of the UP branch lines signal directions in Oregon -Oregon Western Railroad and Navigation, if i recall correctly-
Steve i've still got to wait for the loco to arrive yet :rofl:
but i'll keep my eye out on UK and German eBay as well as the USA eBay... I do agree with steve there... both locos do look great, especially the mikado... superb sound as well :D