LGB Saxon Meyer strange anomoly any sggestions?

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
I am experiencing a strange anomoly with an LGB Saxon Meyer ref 23841, this is originally an analogue version fitted with an MTS3 decoder.
As some will be aware I am resuming my association with G scale after a 2 year break, and I am in
the process of re-stocking!!
I have purchased an MTS3 system with R/C and today have been testing it on a 16' length of track in a rather cold garage.
The problem I am having with the Meyer is that when used with the MTS system the loco runs perfectly BUT the lights dont function, I have tested the system with 2 other locos and with these everything including the lights and sound works fine,
Now we come to the strange bit: when I set up an alternative Digital system on the test track ( A Prodigy 2 R/C) the meyer performs perfectly, so why I wonder will the lights fail to work with the MTS.
I confirm that speed steps are set to 14 to comply with MTS operating system. Also when tested with an Analogue controller the lights work OK.
I have been a digital user for many years, but this problem is one that I have not encountered before ......... any suggestions welcomed
I should have added that I have done a decoder factory re set ( more than once) but this has not made any difference

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
It is not fited with a massoth chip instead as these have different values compared to the MTS 3 chip?

If not sell it to me at a knock down price:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Loco

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Vestfold
Best answers
Country flag
Which loco adress are you using? If it is 3, try something else. My MTS3 has the software bug which affects some MTS3 systems with regards to light function and loco adress 3 (and only that adress).

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
No its not the '3' syndrome, I was aware of that from some years back, Its a strange one I have used MTS before and Massoth, but never had this problem, it has now become a challenge to sort it out!!

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
I would check the decoder connections, just make sure everything is sound. If it is a plug in connection just make sure its pushed home. If you have meter you could check there is a voltage at the light outputs from the decoder. Just a process of elimination really.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Stainzmeister said:
Steve has just been over and The Saxon is fine on my system.
So by a process of elimination, its the handset Steve has.

Buttons pressed by mistake whilst Saxon was on the track we think......
Yep that looks like it! Yes I was trying to be clever with the MTS handset which only arrived Thursday!! And it must be a good 6 years since I had one on my previous lines so being clever I thought i could remeber the sequence of button pushing and i reckon I have inadvertantly done something on the hand set to stop the lights working on this particular loco ( or any decoder having the same address!)
The loc's lights worked perfectly on Pauls line just now and as I mentioned earlier when i substitute a Gaugemaster Prodigy for the MTS it works fine also so its def. not the loco or its decoder.
I will be READING THE INSTRUCTION BOOK for the MTS later................:D

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Is it the universal remote steve.

I think you could progam the second loco as double header not to have lights on or if you set it as a reverse loco in a double header?

Cant be much more help as i have moved on to the blue phone system..at least its not that serious and just operator error, have you tried central station reset push the reset button as you power it up?>

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Well I have got a temporary fix!
Being aware that there was no problem with the loco decoder as it worked on Pauls sytem and with my Prodidgy 2 system, I assumed that in my haste to test the newly arrived MTS I had set a function which blocked light control on the locos address, I tried resetting the serial/parallel function (F & 9) but this had no effect,
It then occured to me that as other locos tested with the MTS were functioning correctly, I should change the ID on the Meyer, which I did and the lighting functioned correctly.
So there we have it for the moment I will avoid assigning the errant ID, as the proposed line will only be smallish I did forsee me haveing to use up all available 22 IDs on the mTs anyway!!
Thanks for all the input received on this
Steve

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
I wonder if that is the solution for my little digital starter set diesel. Out of the blue it developed the same problem.Trouble is I have no way of changing the loco ID. It looks as if I shall be going cap in hand to Sir Philip Saint.:wave:8|