LGB Pullman coaches

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Hmmmmm, wonder how difficult it would be to ‘Tinker’ a pivot bracket And 3D print it? Could probably use some stiff garden wire to link the two pivots together………..will have a think!………watch this space!
Dave
If you're going to have a play Dave, it might be worth getting yourself an old umbrella. I used the ribs from one to manufacture some pantographs and trolley poles for my trams. Mine came from Poundland quite a few years ago, and yes it was only a quid.

Reactions: 1 user

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hmmmmm, wonder how difficult it would be to ‘Tinker’ a pivot bracket And 3D print it? Could probably use some stiff garden wire to link the two pivots together………..will have a think!………watch this space!
Dave

Use RC model airplane control rods and clevises/ball joints mounted for a first class job. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Use RC model airplane control rods and clevises/ball joints mounted for a first class job. :nod:
That's what the original picture looks like.

Cobalt6700

Registered
2 Jul 2020
UK - Oxfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Dave

Something like this?

LGB_2_axle_pivot_bracket.png

I also did one with mounts for LGB spring brushes for pickup:

LGB_2_axle_pivot_bracket_pickups.png

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag

Cobalt6700

Registered
2 Jul 2020
UK - Oxfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Did you just make this from plasticard or 3D print it?
I see you are also in Oxfordshire? …..where about? Are you close to me in South Oxford? ….maybe PM me and we can arrange a meet?
cheers
Dave

Dave - these are 3D printed :). Don't have a huge amount of use on them yet, and the set I have printed are on my 'starter set' coaches. They seem to work okay, shunting through points is much less dramatic.

I'm in the Didcot area - I'll send you a PM.

meiningen8

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
That (the red restaurant car) is a version I did not know about..

Having a senior moment:
The name has gone from my memory, but the (now closed) supplier near Peterborough carried an insert which consisted of a servery, and curved booths/seating areas..

I have never seen it offered anywhere else, and think someone on the Forum fitted one?
Gizzy comes to mind, for some reason?

I believe there is (was) a set of waiting-on figures available as well?

PhilP
Glendale Junction of Market Deeping

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
I’ve had one of these for a while and to date haven’t experienced any running issues. However, it is a fairly recent version from LGB so maybe when they issued it they did something to rectify previous running issues?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I used to run my 3 brown pullmans pretty regularly on my line at Hemel with no problems. The curves were eventually R2 minimum but I cant remember if I used them on the R1’s before the change over.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
That (the red restaurant car) is a version I did not know about..

Having a senior moment:
The name has gone from my memory, but the (now closed) supplier near Peterborough carried an insert which consisted of a servery, and curved booths/seating areas..

I have never seen it offered anywhere else, and think someone on the Forum fitted one?
Gizzy comes to mind, for some reason?

I believe there is (was) a set of waiting-on figures available as well?

PhilP

Glendale Junction. Brian and Caroline. Much-missed but VERY grumpy.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Brian was his Southern avatar.
Brian always had an interesting perspective on customer retail primacy. His comment to me tended to be morning Dunford get yer credit card out. Carolyn on the other side was a different perspective entirely always nicely asking whether you wanted tea or coffee. A lady in every respect of the word.

brokenwing

Registered
21 Oct 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Brian always had an interesting perspective on customer retail primacy. His comment to me tended to be morning Dunford get yer credit card out. Carolyn on the other side was a different perspective entirely always nicely asking whether you wanted tea or coffee. A lady in every respect of the word.
Glendale Junction led me astray to the world of Garden Railways. I remember I phoned up about something or other and got Brian. “ How are you today “ I probably said and he replied by telling me he was entertaining 2 scantily clad females which he described in great detail and told me that they could be mine for £3 each. What a salesman! As you say Carolyn a perfect lady and always up for a chat. A great loss when they shut up shop.

Lordraglan274

Too much of a good thing is nearly enough.
25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
Brian was his Southern avatar.
I always enjoyed going to Glendale Junction, Brian was much less grumpy if you were buying something....and even did a few repairs for me (reluctantly).....but when I had something I wanted to sell he asked for 50% commission. I still have the loco. The Pullmans are superb coaches, although it took me many years to collect enough of them for a decent rake. The Continental Classic Mallet that matches the set is not man enough to haul them, so poetic licence was called for.

1.JPG

Lordraglan274

Too much of a good thing is nearly enough.
25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
The matching LGB Mallet can manage five Pullman cars, as long as it doesn't try to accelerate up the grade!

1.JPG

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You need a 'support vehicle' (same livery) in the formation, with its own motor-block, as a helper...

PhilP