• Hi All I think many of you are not aware of the user profile options, if you hover over the small round icon top right of the screen, it may be black, have 2 letters or even your avatar, it will bring up a menu with lots of options for you to play with. One that we like to see used is the setting of an avatar (little picture) you can now also upgrade your account to remove adverts. Paul

LGB New Items

Gizzy

Gizzy

Railways, Aviation, Computers, DIY....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
  • Gizzy

Gizzy

Newbie info:
In this thread I have M/LGB, I assume (never assume always check) that this is Marklin/LGB, which suggests alternative LGB, could somebody enlighten me please.
You are correct young James!

Go to the top of the class....

wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Robin Hood Country
  • wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Newbie info:
In this thread I have M/LGB, I assume (never assume always check) that this is Marklin/LGB, which suggests alternative LGB, could somebody enlighten me please.
Jimmy

old LGB 1968 - 2007 (Ernst Paul Lehmann Patentwerk) basically went bankrupt (long story)

New LGB 2007 - present (Now Märklin) Märklin brought them and have kept the names and most of the models but introduced their own electrics and control systems. Ie MFX vs MTS (both a type of DCC)

MTheStrong

MTheStrong

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Harwich
  • MTheStrong

MTheStrong

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
  • Zerogee

Zerogee

Hi Jon,

Here are some details of the new coaches: LGB 31353 - Personenwagen 3. Klasse, K.Sächs.Sts.E.B., Ep.I

Regards

Martin
Many thanks, Martin - that's what I was looking for, no idea why I couldn't find it?
Hmmm, they look nice too - especially the dark brown one (the pale green one looks very much like the ones that I already have two of from the Saxon Historical Coach set).... just wondering about the roof colours, I know those are probably prototype pics but do they look very greenish to you, rather than the dark grey finish of most previous versions?

Jon.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
  • Zerogee

Zerogee

Jimmy

old LGB 1968 - 2007 (Ernst Paul Lehmann Patentwerk) basically went bankrupt (long story)

New LGB 2007 - present (Now Märklin) Märklin brought them and have kept the names and most of the models but introduced their own electrics and control systems. Ie MFX vs MTS (both a type of DCC)

Yes, M/LGB is an affectation I and some others on here use (oo-er....), not an "official" designation - to differentiate the current post-2006 Marklin-owned incarnation of LGB from the old family-run EPL company that we all knew and (mostly) loved!
As there is of course still a huge amount of pre-Marklin-ownership LGB around, I just find it useful to indentify which time period of products I am referring to.

Jon.