LGB MTS 55025 Programming Question

LGBFAN1

Registered
2 Dec 2013
Best answers
Hi all,

I recently inherited my grandfather's LGB set. Several years back he upgraded to the MTS system. I have the following items:
- 55025 Switch Decoder (3)
- 55015 Remote (1)
- 50111 MTS Transformer (1)
- 55006 MTS Station (1)

I am able to use the remote to effectively control switches 1-4 on my set using one of three 55025 decoders. I am having no success in programming switches 5-8 and switches 9-12 on the other two decoders. I cannot seem to get my 2 other 55025 decoders off the factory settings of 1-4.

Can someone please clearly spell out the steps I need to take to program my 2 other 55025 decoders so that one controls switches 5-8 and the other 9-12? The instructions that came with the decoders are not helpful (in my opinion). Thank you.

LGBFAN1

Registered
2 Dec 2013
Best answers
Thanks... no luck though.

I have the 50111 transformer connected to the 55015 remote via the programming cable.

I have the remote connected to the 55025 switch decoder with the white/brown wires and a single wire looped to both program terminals.

I also have an epl drive connected to terminal A.

When i plug in the transformer, the remote shows "p--". I then press "F" and then "1" so the remote now reads "p-1." I then press "7" (so it associates the decoder with 5-8) before pressing the > button. The screen blinks and the "p--" screen reappears. Nothing else happens.

When I reconnect the drive to the rest of the set and select switch 5, nothing happens. When I press 1, the original switch 1 and the #5 I just tried programming move.

What am i doing wrong?

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
If you want to post them to me, I can program them for you on my LGB PC Interface.

Cost of postage only....

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure if that is an option Gizzy as I believe LGBFAN1 is in the good old USofA - The 55111 transformer (which is 110v version) gives it away.

Sorry I cant help as I could never get to grips with programming using the LGB handsets.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Good point, well made Mark!

I'll have to see if I can help in another way....

LGBFAN1

Registered
2 Dec 2013
Best answers
Thank you for validating that my steps appear to be correct. I am starting to wonder if I have a bad programming cable or if the remote is malfunctioning. In any case, it appears the process steps I am taking are correct.

Thank you,

Mark

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Or - especially if you use a Mac rather than a PC - buy a SPROG, which is a great little pretty-much-universal programmer for all DCC decoders which, unlike the LGB or Massoth ones, will work on both PC or Mac. The SPROG is also significantly cheaper than the "proprietary" programmers (round about the fifty quid mark, I think).

Jon.

LGBFAN1

Registered
2 Dec 2013
Best answers
Great, thank you all for the advice.