I'm New, Please Be Gentle
- 20 Mar 2015
i just finished working on the locomotive motor and to my surprise i got it working again to. in both cases on both the loco and the tender there was quite a bit of corrosion on the commutator and the brush holders. once cleaned up it ran. this is a pleasant surprise and bonus since i thought it would become a parts engine as i bought the bought the set just for the rolling stock (a bobber caboose , the low side gondola and the tender that i had planned to gut and repaint to match another engine i had). so now i have gained another engine. whoo hooo! the problem had been i didn't know how to remove the brush holders to get to the commutator. but with the step by step photos it made it easy. thank you again tfor a great tip!