LGB LCE 'upgrade parts' anyone?

Ianjd59

Registered
18 Feb 2010
Mid Sussex
Best answers
I'm trying to get hold of the 'upgrade parts' for my LGB LCE (Ice Train), this is essentially a kit of bits to enable the fitting of a second motor to the train. It is an official LGB part (#L66095) that the importers still list, but none of the normally excellent suppliers I deal with have it or can give me idea when they might be able to get it. Does anyone have any good contacts in Germany perhaps? Or have one sitting on the shelf even??
Regards, Ian.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
If you cannot find one, make your own. Find a train set Stainz on ebay at a good price. Take the motor block out, remove the wheels & everything else attached. Fit the wheels from the non powered LCE bogie & you have an upgrade.

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
if you are struggling you can look out for a second hand LCE, tend to go for circa £130 and you'll get a middle car too. Thats what I did.

or you could buy this one with 2 motors already in and swap one over for your non powered bogie then sell it on might be a cheap way of getting a powered bogie?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LGB-LCE-ICE-T...=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2307789683

hope you can sort something