Lgb Field Railway Coach?

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I don't have a picture but the coach is a perfect match for the Feldbahn locomotives, after all LGB designed the entire Feldbahn range.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 2 users

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
Time for a quick plug.
The little layout that Santa is running on is booked for Narrow Gauge South West at Shepton Mallet on Saturday 20th February. Santa will not be there however.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Buried in the LGB range are some lovely variations James - You have probably already seen some of them. I have always liked the look of this one.
fac.jpg

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Also worth looking for if you're collecting the more interesting bits of Feldbahn stock is the 46170 crane car, a lovely little short wagon with a hand-operated derrick crane - I did have two, but sold one off to a fellow forumite a couple of years ago. They were only produced for a year or two so are quite scarce, but every now and then one turns up at a sensible price....

Jon.

jameshilton

Registered
22 Nov 2010
Near Llangollen, United Kingdom
ejklr.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys, my aim is to build a small collection of stuff for a peat railway - we'll see how I get on... I've got a coach on the way now... Will get some more stock when the Deutz is available, LGB currently saying March.

Reactions: 1 user

Sparesman

Accidental Trader
9 Jan 2015
Best answers
Thanks guys, my aim is to build a small collection of stuff for a peat railway - we'll see how I get on... I've got a coach on the way now... Will get some more stock when the Deutz is available, LGB currently saying March.
Hartland 4 wheel wagon kits are about the right scale. Very basic but can be detailed.
Still in production, available at some of the Garden Rail Fairs [from John Sutton Books
I think}

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I was just thinking the same question James asked, I should have known I'd find the answer here rather than spend time searching the web.

I am assuming this little coach falls in to the same or very close to the same scale as the models above.
1692188405852.png

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I was just thinking the same question James asked, I should have known I'd find the answer here rather than spend time searching the web.

I am assuming this little coach falls in to the same or very close to the same scale as the models above.
View attachment 317152
Give me a few minutes, David, and I'll give you the exact measurements.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Give me a few minutes, David, and I'll give you the exact measurements.
Here we are. Measurements have an element of approximation:

Height 15.3cm; Length of body 18.8cm; width of body 10.3cm; widest width (over steps to platform) 11cm; width of chassis 9cm; length over buffers 25.5cm; length over couplings 28cm.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Here we are. Measurements have an element of approximation:

Height 15.3cm; Length of body 18.8cm; width of body 10.3cm; widest width (over steps to platform) 11cm; width of chassis 9cm; length over buffers 25.5cm; length over couplings 28cm.
Thanks, I'll need to check how those dimensions compare to a Bachmann tram and the Grizzly Flats stock, thanks.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately I think the blue coach is too big, a shame really because they loco no too bad, ho hum, I'll need to build something myself, thanks.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately I think the blue coach is too big, a shame really because they loco no too bad, ho hum, I'll need to build something myself, thanks.
What you are looking for is LGB 32170, search it on the net. Much smaller and I think it was in the Feldbahn range. There may be others in differing colours with different ref numbers.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
What you are looking for is LGB 32170, search it on the net. Much smaller and I think it was in the Feldbahn range. There may be others in differing colours with different ref numbers.
You're not wrong :rofl: I have set up a search on an auction site for the Feldbahn range of passenger ish rollingstock.

A modelling colleague has asked why I am looking for rolling stock to tweak when the tweaking I apply to a fair bit of the items I've obtained is not far off scratch building, which in some cases is a fair question I suppose. Flat sided planked vehicles are simple and straightforward to build, said person has been asked to draw some axle boxes which is the main component I really don't want to sit making.

First I really do need to clear some projects from my bench, 17 vehicles from 12 Grizzly Flats vehicles and only two are actually finished, minus figures just the noo.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
A friend of mine in Chester collected a large number of feldbahn rolling stock. He used to be on this forum many moons ago. I can message him to see if he wants to sell some. All of the stock was in mint condition - maybe too good to bash.
Gotta love a wee feldbahn set up.

IMG_3143.jpeg

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
You're not wrong :rofl: I have set up a search on an auction site for the Feldbahn range of passenger ish rollingstock.

A modelling colleague has asked why I am looking for rolling stock to tweak when the tweaking I apply to a fair bit of the items I've obtained is not far off scratch building, which in some cases is a fair question I suppose. Flat sided planked vehicles are simple and straightforward to build, said person has been asked to draw some axle boxes which is the main component I really don't want to sit making.

First I really do need to clear some projects from my bench, 17 vehicles from 12 Grizzly Flats vehicles and only two are actually finished, minus figures just the noo.
And the bad news is that I'll be posting off those flats later this week.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
A friend of mine in Chester collected a large number of feldbahn rolling stock. He used to be on this forum many moons ago. I can message him to see if he wants to sell some. All of the stock was in mint condition - maybe too good to bash.
Gotta love a wee feldbahn set up.

View attachment 317168
I don't like to think that I base the models I acquire, I just tweak them a wee bit :), bashing sounds a bit nasty, whereas I like to think that I just enhance and adapt them a wee tad ;).

If they are for sale and the owner wasn't hoping for as new money I could be tempted, next month though