LGB Diesel Locomotive 2711-Programming

D

Duncan1

Registered
6 Jan 2019
Boulder, CO
I am having trouble programming this locomotive using the PIKO Smart Controller. Is there a CV code that I need to enter before it will allow programming?

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Are you able to read any CV values? If so what is CV8 (manufacturer) so we have a rough idea what decoder we are dealing with. I assume you have checked there is a decoder? :)

D

Duncan1

Registered
6 Jan 2019
Boulder, CO
Sorry for my ignorance on this. How do I check if there is a decoder?

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Sorry for my ignorance on this. How do I check if there is a decoder?
If the loco is boxed, does the box end label have the "Digital" (MTS) logo?
Look underneath the loco - if it has a factory-installed decoder it should have a rectangular silver foil sticker with a stylised "D" logo on it; if you can't see that, then look for any other stickers and let us know what they are.....

Jon.

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
This page shows some of the sitckers/markings and what they mean.

If you cannot determine this way, you might have to open the loco.

Greg

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
If you put the loco on the track (DCC powered) AND it makes a 'buzzing' noise, then it does not have a decoder fitted. - It will run if you select address '0', but this is not kind to the motor for any length of time (it can get hot), so once tested to see if moves take it off the track, please.

Crude, but effective..

Of course, this only prove the loco does not have a decoder, if it makes a noise (switched on, and not faulty).

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Does the Piko system support address 0 pulse stretching? I thought there were precious few "modern" systems supporting this.

Greg
Well.................
Massoth does..

When you boot the Piko, the Navigator (throttle) comes up with the message 'Piko by Massoth'.. :)

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
Right, was just referencing the original post, "I am having trouble programming this locomotive using the PIKO Smart Controller "

I read the manual on the Smartcontrol system, which is pretty limited, but no overt support for address 0 / pulse stretching / DC loco operation.

Just did not want him to try something that won't work.

Greg

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
<thread drift -ish>
I freely admit, I did not know 'address 0' support had been pulled, by some manufacturers..

Though it does offend my 'engineer's ear' and I do not like to hear it! :nerd::(:shake::shake:

So..............
Who has Piko system, and an annie-log loco kicking about then?
<then back to the topic> :)

D

Duncan1

Registered
6 Jan 2019
Boulder, CO
A silver sticker on the bottom : L2557 24V/DC, 1016 MAHU
Thanks.