LGB Decoders

lone ranger

Trams, Southern region BR & USA steam G Scale
29 Apr 2011
Kirby Cross Frinton-on-Sea Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all just a quick question, can LGB decoders do long addressing i.e. 3 or 4 digit loco numbers or can you only programme them up to 22 or there abouts?

(that is an LGB loco with an LGB decoder on a massoth system not mts) if that makes a difference:D

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jerry
It seems that it is only up to 99 addresses.

lone ranger

Trams, Southern region BR & USA steam G Scale
29 Apr 2011
Kirby Cross Frinton-on-Sea Essex
Best answers
Country flag
beavercreek said:
Hi Jerry
It seems that it is only up to 99 addresses.
Hi Mike thanks for that, thought that might be the case, not much good for the trams with four digit numbers then:thumbdown:

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Depends which LGB decoder and firmware version.
55027 certainly can do 4 digit addresses.
Later/latest versions of 55021 and 55022 *may* have the ability. The manuals I have are a bit confusing, no mention of the long address CVs but does mention setting bit 6 of CV29 to enable long addresses. Must admit all my 55021's are on short addresses.
I've got a factory fitted MTS track cleaner running on a 4 digit address.
I've got an old factory fitted MTS Mikado which definitely does NOT do long addresses.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Can anyone nail what Firmware Version on LGB 55021 and 550202 decoders if at all will take more than 01 to 22. I have never been able to get beyond 22 for the Loco Address and to find that in some instances we may be able to go up to 99 would be a revelation.

Also if this is true can someone please say in fairly simple terms how it can be done. What would work for me would be the CV number and value. I do know and understand that cv 1 can have values of 01 to 22. But to get more do we have to turn on or change another CV?
JonD

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
I've never had a problem going beyond 22 with LGB decoders on short addresses, sorry I don't know about which ones support the long addresses, Jerry. I do know that given the Massoth heritage it is sometimes possible to use CVs that Massoth have but which are not in the LGB manuals, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

dunnyrail said:
... can someone please say in fairly simple terms how it can be done.

No special instructions needed, just set the CV to something greater than 22. Of course you have to be using a DCC system that allows the short address CV to be greater than 22. As far as I am aware most, if not all, MTS systems will not allow this, but any other DCC systems such as Massoth, Lenz etc will allow it.

dunnyrail said:
... to get more do we have to turn on or change another CV?
JonD

No.