LGB 55045 PC programming module

MartinB

Registered
25 Jun 2011
Best answers
I've got an old LGB 55045 programming module, does anyone have a link to where the original software can be found or is there any other software that will work?

Thanks,

Martin

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
You can use the Massoth DCC Programmer software which is available from their Download center http://www.massoth.com < Link To www.massoth.com - you may need to register.

MartinB

Registered
25 Jun 2011
Best answers
Bob, Mark,

Many thanks, I've downloaded both onto an old rebuilt laptop. I will have a play with he LGB, Massoth and Zimo software to see which I prefer.

Martin

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
i doubt that the zimo software will work with the 55045

MartinB

Registered
25 Jun 2011
Best answers
Mark,

I run a Zimo system, but I'm exploring what is best/easiest. The Zimo system needs to be connected to the PC for programming decoders and updating hence looking at the 55045 for the more simple programming.

Martin

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Just curious: in what way do you feel using the LGB programmer with the pc might be easier than using the Zimo system connected to the pc? Is the Zimo software not very user friendly?

Have you tried the free open source JMRI software to connect to your Zimo system? According to the documentation JMRI can be configured to connect to Zimo MX-1. JMRI is used with the SPROG decoder programmers owned by several of us on this forum. Might be worth trying this software too?

MartinB

Registered
25 Jun 2011
Best answers
I'm back on the learning curve after a 5 or 6 year break due to the normal life stuff, new arrivals, country moves etc etc. The LGB software was the first that I used several years ago and it was very easy if limited. I bought the full version of Zimo's ADaPT software about 6 years ago, but barely used it and I've forgotten all that I knew; Zimo stuff is generally excellent but their documentation is not the best imho.