LGB 55016

RH Prague

Central European. the station pub is Czech !!
28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
So in my treasure trove of stuff which has arrived from Norway, is an LGB digital start pack. The 55016 remote has power, but the LED display stays blank, and thus I cannot run anything with it. Is it knackered? And if so, how badly knackered?
(I don't need this set, and was planning to sell it on...)

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I've seen this fault before.....there was a dry solder joint on the board behind the display....a quick reheat and the 55016 worked for a few days, before it failed again in the same way.
But it still was able to control trains..you just don't know which one....
The only way is to keep re-entering the loco number. Worth a try.

LGB don't support this unit any more, so unfortunately, it's almost worthless.

You have nothing to loose by looking for a poor solder joint and attempting a repair

Strangely, today I was using a MTS11 55005 and 55015 on the West Sussex G Scale Society layout.

Malcolm

Reactions: 1 user

WhitehouseFilms

Registered
5 Aug 2018
UK
Best answers
My MTS system just went through a shutdown stage about an hour ago. I don't what it is but every time I press the reset button the red light shows and then it clicks off again. I thought it was something to do with the track so I disconnected the track power cables and tried it again. Still, it keeps cutting out. Has this ever happened before and what would you say could be the problem?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Is it the Central Station, or the transformer, cutting out?

How warm is the equipment?

WhitehouseFilms

Registered
5 Aug 2018
UK
Best answers
It's not warm. Basically, it went through its emergency stop procedures and when I reset it clicks off and kept doing so every time I tried to reset it again to a point where it now doesn't light up. I say it could be the transformer but I'm not 100% sure.