Mike Bett

Beer, G Gauge, Beer, Cricket, Beer.
14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
When I switch on my 55015P, even if the Central Station and Transformer are not on, the red light above the digital display comes on and starts flashing. Can anyone tell me why and how to clear it

With the Transformer and Central Station switched on, the red light still keeps flashing, but all the functions of the 55015 work perfectly, engines, switches etc.
I have fully charged the batteries in the 55015, but still getting the flashing red light.

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Short circuit somewhere?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Just a thought have you tried disconnecting it from the layout to see if the problem still persists?

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Just a thought have you tried disconnecting it from the layout to see if the problem still persists?
Thanks, will try that, it will eliminate one possible.
It could be a short somewhere in the layout, but I have changed nothing prior to the flashing beginning.

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I suspect that one of your rechargeable batteries is not taking charge, a brief read of the 55015 manual says that a low battery causes the light to flash.
It would be worth removing the batteries, and connect to the central with the cable.
If you are running cabled, the batteries are not required, worth checking that this Stops the flashing.
Then with a new set of ( ordinary ) aa batteries, try the handset wireless.

I no longer have a mts setup, but have seen this before at a friends who used mts with rechargeable batteries

Malcolm

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
There is a slight chance one cell is in backwards..
This gives a low voltage, and normally makes the reversed - cell, unusable.

How old are the batteries, and what type?

PhilP

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
There is a slight chance one cell is in backwards..
This gives a low voltage, and normally makes the reversed - cell, unusable.

How old are the batteries, and what type?

PhilP
Used the cable connection, works perfectly. Now pretty sure it is the fairly old rechargeables. I will replace them.

Many thanks for your help, as the saying goes “many hands make light stop flashing” !!

Wistow vale rlwy

Registered
20 Feb 2010
WISTOW NORTH YORKSHIRE
Best answers
Country flag
When I switch on my 55015P, even if the Central Station and Transformer are not on, the red light above the digital display comes on and starts flashing. Can anyone tell me why and how to clear it

With the Transformer and Central Station switched on, the red light still keeps flashing, but all the functions of the 55015 work perfectly, engines, switches etc.
I have fully charged the batteries in the 55015, but still getting the flashing red light.
Hi Mike - the flashing red light on the 55015p indicates flat batteries. From my days with my MTS3 system I also seem to remember the manual for the 55015 said not to use rechargeable batteries. I've switched over now to full Massoth kit and have a complete MTS3 system that I must make an effort and get it up for sale on here.