LGB 4002 cable car or similar

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have the diameter of the cable reel on this piece of rolling stock, please?

craigwrdouglas2

Registered
29 Jun 2021
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I could probably measure it at the weekend if you still need this - it's the bogie one that I have.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I could probably measure it at the weekend if you still need this - it's the bogie one that I have.
Apologies for the delay in replying, Craig, but I had to be away from home for a couple of days. If you could measure them for me, that would be very helpful.

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have the diameter of the cable reel on this piece of rolling stock, please?
If this cable reel is the same as what LGB use on their Feldbahn cable reel car, then the answer to your question is 90mm.

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
If this cable reel is the same as what LGB use on their Feldbahn cable reel car, then the answer to your question is 90mm.
Just checked out on line, and all the photos indicate that, yes, this is the same size cable reel. Hardly surprising, given Mr. Lehman's propensity to mix and match various pieces into different models.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you, Gavin, that's much appreciated.

justme igor

Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Some food for thoughts:

What i do with this kind of problems:
I download a real life picture(if possible) or a model picture from a full side view.(and many more)
I try to get schematics/diagram or any measurement of the car length wise.

That i upload it to windows 3d builder(every window pc has the program)
With scaling up and down until i have the richt size it is very easy to get all the needed diameters/measurements.

3d builder from windows is not difficult to learn, but it is a very underestimated program, why? here is the deal:
With every object you have 3 chooses to alter, but after every choose you have again 3 chooses----->x10000000???
You can go into detail as small as a nano millimeter.
So it looks like a 3d builder program of nothing, but it can compete with programs as Rhino

If wanted i can make a prestation here in the forum?

With best regards Igor

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Some food for thoughts:

What i do with this kind of problems:
I download a real life picture(if possible) or a model picture from a full side view.(and many more)
I try to get schematics/diagram or any measurement of the car length wise.

That i upload it to windows 3d builder(every window pc has the program)
With scaling up and down until i have the richt size it is very easy to get all the needed diameters/measurements.

3d builder from windows is not difficult to learn, but it is a very underestimated program, why? here is the deal:
With every object you have 3 chooses to alter, but after every choose you have again 3 chooses----->x10000000???
You can go into detail as small as a nano millimeter.
So it looks like a 3d builder program of nothing, but it can compete with programs as Rhino

If wanted i can make a prestation here in the forum?

With best regards Igor
Many thanks, Igor, I shall follow this up.