LGB 10340 Automatic Shuttle Circuit issues

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
Hello all, yesterday i bought a load of track and buildings from someone selling off their collection, i also found a LGB 10340 unit. Looking into this i thought i would try it on a basic set up, 1st issue is its missing the 2 track pieces with the isolation/diodes. After reading the manual here http://www.onlytrains.com/pdf/I10340.pdf i found you can run it without the diodes, so i attempted to recreate mode 2 set up. see photos

The trouble im having is the engine starts moving in the shuttle area of track, but when it hits the isolated section it just stops dead, so no power is getting to the isolated track section.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/50buc615nkpl7en/DSC_0064.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3979hvmnldgj5w/DSC_0067.JPG

I followed the set up exactly recreating the diagram, but its just not working.
Does anyone have any advise on this set up? Or advise to what diodes i need to buy to recreate mode 1.

Thanks Rich

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I whish I could say that I can help you. I had similar troubles years ago when I was still running track power. It seems that there was an addendum to the original instructions that cleared up some wiring error on the original pamphlet.

When these shuttles work, they are great. I had mine set up without the diodes. Check on Ebay. There is someone selling a shuttle unit for around fifty dollars.

Type this in the search box of "G" Scale section on Ebay.

Automatic Shuttle Reversing Circuit 2 Ampere with LED Track signal exit

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
Cheers. I'm guessing they had written up the instructions wrong as it has a yellow line through them. Anyone know how to wire them up correctly. I found some other topics with people asking about the diodes and found some cheap on Ebay.

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
richand26mhz said:
Cheers. I'm guessing they had written up the instructions wrong as it has a yellow line through them.
I noticed the yellow line across the instructions in your link. I also noticed, on page 14, an amendment allegedly correcting the errors, did you notice that?

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
Oh yes. Thanks. I presumed it was just all the other languages. Great will try that at the weekend before buying diodes
Thanks

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Daft question but i cant see the gap in the rail on your setup (Which is what the rails you didnt get have)....also if you are using a loco with skates and tyres.... the unit needs the shorting out of the "gap" to activate there is a chance the skate alone won't do this i had a Stainz that would work one end and not the other it was only when i turn it around it did the same the other end... while all other locos worked fine

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Does this help....

https://www.champex-linden.de/download_lgb_bedienungsanleitungen/10340v2.pdf

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
Tony said:
Daft question but i cant see the gap in the rail on your setup (Which is what the rails you didnt get have)....also if you are using a loco with skates and tyres.... the unit needs the shorting out of the "gap" to activate there is a chance the skate alone won't do this i had a Stainz that would work one end and not the other it was only when i turn it around it did the same the other end... while all other locos worked fine
yes i used some isolated track blocks to separate the track. The loco has skates but no tyres, Thanks for the instructions will give it a go at the weekend.

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
can confirm its all working with the set up at the end of the pdf, thanks for the help. :D

granddad gnome

Registered
24 Oct 2009
TUXFORD - NOTTINGHAMSHIRE - ENGLAND.
Best answers
Country flag
I am have a similar problem. IE The loco runs one way and stops as it should but will not reverse again,
I have tried starting the loco from the centre as well as the opposite end, always the same. could this be a diode has gone down.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
When I had on of these units (the later model with acceleration/deceleration) I couldn't get it to work at first despite my peering intently at the instructions. Finally I tried turning one of the insulaing sections around and everything worked, it just wasn't obvious on the instructions that the break had to be on opposite sides at each end of the track.
And I bought new glasses.

granddad gnome

Registered
24 Oct 2009
TUXFORD - NOTTINGHAMSHIRE - ENGLAND.
Best answers
Country flag
When I had on of these units (the later model with acceleration/deceleration) I couldn't get it to work at first despite my peering intently at the instructions. Finally I tried turning one of the insulaing sections around and everything worked, it just wasn't obvious on the instructions that the break had to be on opposite sides at each end of the track.
And I bought new glasses.
Thanks for that Pugwash, I have both breaks on same side, but I have now solved the problem, I have replaced both diodes and the unit now works perfectly.

Reactions: 1 user

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for that Pugwash, I have both breaks on same side, but I have now solved the problem, I have replaced both diodes and the unit now works perfectly.
Aaah, now that is what this forum is about. Glad to help, mate.