Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Managed 6 hours in da shed..bliss..would be nice if it was warmer..but hey..its not snowing
20230301_143650.jpg20230301_151720.jpg20230301_151714.jpg20230301_154249.jpg20230301_163314.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Today , was a productive day..it might not look like it ,but ...we completed the right wing , and added the capping stones, and the curved roof .
Signs ordered from evilbay arrived
. But far to large ...shame 20230302_153416.jpg20230302_153406.jpg20230302_154532.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Not got a printer , and paper doesn't last long out side, plastic , or tin/metal signs are the best...thanks for the ideas

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Not got a printer , and paper doesn't last long out side, plastic , or tin/metal signs are the best...thanks for the ideas
Agreed - it is now an annual maintenance task for me, reprinting and laminating my cinema's posters from file and replacing them on the boards, just like the real thing but less frequent! With a spray of matt varnish, they just about last one season.

Last edited:

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Agreed - it is now an annual maintenance task for me, reprinting my cinema's posters from file and replacing them on the boards, just like the real thing but less frequent! With a spray of matt varnish, they just about last one season.
Not for a railway, but I once put some homemade signs outside, both paper on a piece of scrap brass, I experimented with two finishes, one had a pva smear over the top as a finish, this can go a bit yellow over time, the other was glued on using uhu/bostic glue with a dusting of WD40 sprayed on top, neither particularly great for miniature buildings but okay for signs not fixed to a building.
The other option I tried which didn't end well was printing on to plasticard, thankfully I used the work printers, as I say it didn't end well. I think the idea would work but you need to use the correct type of plastic sheet.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Well that was a fun day not...
Ecg at 9 ..oh,,and a 24 hour blood pressure monitor, carnt take it off. No shower, .gose of every 1/2 hour.. doc rang me . Can youcome in . At 2..which I turn turned into I need you to go straight to A+E..for a blood test ..now
Arrived and sat waiting for god..or a consultant ,who is God technically to be told its not a heart attack, thankfully?
But it is definitely a torn chest muscles
And possibly angina, and possibly your heart, but we need more tests..
Midnight...start of a new day..no sleep because of the bloody blood pressure monitor going off
..so.. not a lot was done on the cinema, except for adding the 1st tower to the left hand wing...20230303_124306.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
All that messing around with the mighty wurlitzer ....................... :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Well that was a fun day not...
Ecg at 9 ..oh,,and a 24 hour blood pressure monitor, carnt take it off. No shower, .gose of every 1/2 hour.. doc rang me . Can youcome in . At 2..which I turn turned into I need you to go straight to A+E..for a blood test ..now
Arrived and sat waiting for god..or a consultant ,who is God technically to be told its not a heart attack, thankfully?
Midnight...start of a new day..no sleep because of the bloody blood pressure monitor going off
..so.. not a lot was done on the cinema, except for adding the 1st tower to the left hand wing...View attachment 310705
I trust nothing serious came out of the visit to the hospital

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Mr D would have them rolling on the floor...

But seriously, look after yourself Mike!
We will check with Jenny, to make sure you have been good.. ;):nod:

PhilP

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I trust nothing serious came out of the visit to the hospital
More tablets , for angina? Tests and a ct scan to look forward to...

Technocrat

Mostly Retired?
18 Feb 2022
De Graff Kansas
Best answers
Country flag

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
More tablets , for angina? Tests and a ct scan to look forward to...
My wife gave us a scare 2 years ago, not wanting to be the same as most people, my wife's problem is the muscles around her heart.
You take care, follow the quacks advice and you'll be making us envious with your creations for years to come

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
My wife gave us a scare 2 years ago, not wanting to be the same as most people, my wife's problem is the muscles around her heart.
You take care, follow the quacks advice and you'll be making us envious with your creations for years to come
I fully intend to live as long as possible, it's not a hand gripping my heart pain...more a dull ack, breathless, tired ect, but I do follow the docs advice, no point in dieing early!! Doc mention torn, damaged muscles in there...rest he said...I play trains I said..

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
While *resting * managed to do the right wing stone work..and get everything in prima ...result!!
20230305_152355.jpg

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
While *resting * managed to do the right wing stone work..and get everything in prima ...result!!
Just don’t overdo it.

Andreas

Registered
26 Jan 2021
79576 Weil am Rhein, Germany
Country
Germany
fam-weniger.jimdofree.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Mike,
until now I was not aware of the thread, I had only ever seen individual pictures of your layout. GRANDIOUS
But now I have 2 questions ( Maybe I missed it)
From which material do you build your houses paths etc.. And how do you process the material? Have you ever published something?

Many thanks in advance
Andreas

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Mike,
until now I was not aware of the thread, I had only ever seen individual pictures of your layout. GRANDIOUS
But now I have 2 questions ( Maybe I missed it)
From which material do you build your houses paths etc.. And how do you process the material? Have you ever published something?

Many thanks in advance
Andreas
Hi Andrea's,
It's all foambord/foamex..same thing different trade names. .
A large wire brush...a large bastard file..
A small needle file ,a craft. knife ..
Simply score in the desired flags, cobbles ,stones , distress the foambord with your weapon of choice(see above)
And yes, I wrote for garden rail..and the g scale society,.. but I don't think there's much interest in the builds to be honest.