Latest video of the PLR

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Rik, I do like how you edit and title your vids, really adds to the effect :)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Hope you enjoy

Rik
'................storming up Gallantry Bank..........' You could have an Irish loco at the front of that train :nod::nod::nod:

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Rik, I do like how you edit and title your vids, really adds to the effect :)
Thanks Jimmy. I like to try keeping the action going so aim to cut from one scene to the next as soon as possible. Glad you noticed.

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
'................storming up Gallantry Bank..........' You could have an Irish loco at the front of that train :nod::nod::nod:
You'll have to explain that one ... :worried:

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
You'll have to explain that one ... :worried:

Rik
It is just so reminiscent of the Tralee and Dingle - needs a 2-6-2 blasting away - recommended reading is Patrick Whitehouse & John Snell 'Narrow Gauge Railways of The British Isles', especially the Prologue :nod::nod:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
It is just so reminiscent of the Tralee and Dingle - needs a 2-6-2 blasting away - recommended reading is Patrick Whitehouse & John Snell 'Narrow Gauge Railways of The British Isles', especially the Prologue :nod::nod:
Or even more often a couple of 2-6-0's.image.jpeg

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, I see. I do love the Irish NG railways. I'll have to pose a pic with my complete rake of cattle wagons. I don't have any Irish locos - a pity really, given the great range of 3' gauge railways they had. Food for thought, maybe? I do have a kit for a Donegal railcar which is awaiting construction though - perhaps when winter sets in.

Rik

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, thanks, I think I meant 2-6-0s :banghead:
Actualy there was 1 2-6-2 so I was being a little pedantic! This is what the preserved line got as it managed to survive by being exported across the pond and returning just like ine of teh Cavan 4-4-0's is about to do.
Ah, I see. I do love the Irish NG railways. I'll have to pose a pic with my complete rake of cattle wagons. I don't have any Irish locos - a pity really, given the great range of 3' gauge railways they had. Food for thought, maybe? I do have a kit for a Donegal railcar which is awaiting construction though - perhaps when winter sets in.

Rik
What RC have you got? If it is one of the 2 that went to the Isle of Man and again possibly to be repatriated to Ireland you may possibly find it a bit large. Though if it is the little,4 wheeler that should work fine for you.

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
What RC have you got? If it is one of the 2 that went to the Isle of Man and again possibly to be repatriated to Ireland you may possibly find it a bit large. Though if it is the little,4 wheeler that should work fine for you.
Number 10 - I'm just hoping that as it's articulated I will be able to get away with it

Rik

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Number 10 - I'm just hoping that as it's articulated I will be able to get away with it

Rik
You should be ok with that, it is the Baby of the Artics. My all time favorites are 6,7,8 the 2-4-0 ones. Great interesting looking Railcars. If I had stuck with my Irish theme that I was into in the late 90's who knows what I would have got up to building by now! Certainly one of the Accucraft IOM 2-4-0 puffers would have been on the books in Irish Guise.

QC Rwy.

Registered
21 Mar 2018
Virginia Beach, VA USA
Best answers
Country flag
All this talk about the Irish!.....how did I miss this?:snooze: Yes Rik, you do need to make a start on something Irish! and those T&D photos are a bit "artistic"......full of "sound and fury"!

Would love to see some others building rolling stock of the Irish lines.......tom