DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I picked up a secondhand Bachmann G scale tram fitted with a rather nice trolley, I've taken it apart to clean because the spring had caused the mechanism to seize in one position.

I've had a good look around the web but cannae find any similar trolley poles produced by any suppliers.

Dooes anyone recognise this trolley pole and know where I could get some more, thanks?

Attachments

• 20230724_220644.jpg
    20230724_220644.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 0

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like a home made job

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I picked up a secondhand Bachmann G scale tram fitted with a rather nice trolley, I've taken it apart to clean because the spring had caused the mechanism to seize in one position.

I've had a good look around the web but cannae find any similar trolley poles produced by any suppliers.

Dooes anyone recognise this trolley pole and know where I could get some more, thanks?
That certainly looks to be a lost wax casting to me, I have in the past linked in here suppliers of such accesories but memory escapes me just now where the link could be. Aha this lot.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
That certainly looks to be a lost wax casting to me, I have in the past linked in here suppliers of such accesories but memory escapes me just now where the link could be. Aha this lot.
Definitely a useful link, but I don't think they made the particular trolley pole I'm looking for, thanks.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I have found the source of the castings, I am informed the moulds are still around and viable for further castings, now just trying to confirm who holds the moulds to get some cast.

Would anyone else be interested in a trolley pole or two for their models, just thinking of a bit of incentive for someone to get some casting made.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag