Large radius gauge 1 points?

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi.
I have been using Peco gauge 1 code 200 track for the last 20 years or so. 10 years of that was in Sweden and the track and points have been fine down to temperatures of -20C and up to +27C. I have been living in the UK for the last 9 years and used the same track for construction of a layout in my garden here in Devon. I have found that the Peco code 200 is absolutely fine with Bachmann spectrum locomotives (mogul 2-6-0 and climax). My dcc sound converted marklin maxi locos and coaches also were fine. Where i have had problems has been with the big hauler rolling stock plastic wheels. They negotiate the code 200 track fine but rattle terribly on the point frogs. They dont derail but its a nail biting rattle!. I have fitted all my stock, flat cars cabooses and big hauler coaches with Bachmann metal wheels and these are absolutely fine over the points.
As for LGB i have only owned the Spreewald which didn't like negotiating the code 200 points and would also tend to rub in the chairs on some but not all of the Peco track.
Anyway thats my experience for what its worth.
So to summarize Bachmann fine with spectrum locos and metal wheeled rolling stock on Peco code 200 track. The Peco track also looks great too.

Thanks a million Tim, that's really useful to hear :)