Isle Of Man Goods Stock

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
Transferred over from the other side, some pics of the scratchbuilt goods stock I have been beavering away with over the last three months or so.
Firstly a covered cattle wagon, and a standard IMR covered goods "G" van

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
Next the "G" van with a standard (although standard was hardly ever applied to anything Manx!) "M" open wagon

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
Now an Ex Manx Northern Covered ventilated van "Gr" the (r) denoting ex Ramsey line

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
Another variation of the "G" van, commonly known as a mongrel, the portholes used when carrying livestock

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
An open "K" wagon for transporting cattle, all of these wagons and vans were mainly constructed from the humble coffee stirrer, running on Accucraft W/L wheels and axle boxes. This wagon being an exception, as the running gear comes from Bradypus Enterprises

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
The "Empress" van, a bogie brake used for the conveyance of luggage, when the Island had a booming tourist industry, and also according to popular legend the vans were used as emergency ambulances during the TT races

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
I think I need an "H" class open wagon and a fish wagon to complete the set, and then of course there is/was the legendary "Kipper" van