IP Engineering Danny loco kit

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Best answers
Country flag
Anyone made the above kit, thinking of 25th December, the picture on their website is pretty poor, can’t find any others that show what it would look like made properly.
Just made two of the little Binnie tippers, really excellent kits

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
No, but, traditionally, Ivan's stuff goes together well.

I was never able to make his speed controller work, but that may be because I was using higher voltages than it was designed for - plenty of other people have got on with it OK.

Probably fairly limited pulling power, but then that would be thoroughly prototypical, and unlikely to tackle you gradient.

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Best answers
Country flag
No, but, traditionally, Ivan's stuff goes together well.

I was never able to make his speed controller work, but that may be because I was using higher voltages than it was designed for - plenty of other people have got on with it OK.

Probably fairly limited pulling power, but then that would be thoroughly prototypical, and unlikely to tackle you gradient.
I have a similar kit built tram, made many years ago, think it is called a lollipop or something pop, it stayed in a display case for years, it only has two wheels driven but has pulled the weighted Binnie skips up the face of the Eiger, (my what!! percentage incline), like the proverbial off a shovel.
Thought about a Delrin? chain to give it off road capability, only downside is the forward/reverse switch location . I don’t expect any more from this kit, was hoping someone had a better picture, as the example on their website gives very little away.image.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The Danny will be 'better' than the tram, quality-wise..

Whether it will pull as well? .. I am not so sure.. You *can* add weight, but take a long-hard-look at the motor (and gears) before you do..

PhilP.

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Phil, it doesn’t have to pull much, it’s really something to run round pointlessly, during this lovely spell of weather, the simplicity and convenience appeals