Ickle Pub stuff

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Now then folks you may have seen in the reviews section that I recently completed this beauty.

pub.jpg

3Valve

24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
So, pub done, now needs some punters.  Had this idea for a little alfresco scene on the pavement outside.  You know the sort of thing, folks sitting around little bistro tables having a quick bevvy.

Got the first table done today.  Started off with a couple of Pola Figures and a Patio table n chairs. 

Managed to source some 1/24 scale beer and wine glasses from a dolls house supplier.  (The beer glass is a tad big, but they do beer glass "mugs" at 8mm tall, they`re just a wee bit big in G-scale.  Only problem is they don`t do em wiv beer in yet).

couple.jpg

3Valve

24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
So.  First problem.  They don`t do full wine glasses either.  The ladies glass needed filling up.  Managed to put some "liquid" by adding glass paint to resin, then really carefully filling the glass.  Tis a bit too pink for Red wine, but Maybe a Rosé.

But seriously from 6 - 8ft away at 1/24 scale who`s gonna notice the colour`s a bit light?

glasses.jpg

3Valve

24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
and so to the next bit.  Leave the "wine" to dry, and add a bit of detail to the figures.  Pola figures come in very basic painted finishes, so added eyes, lips etc., with the assistance of a steady hand and a pin.  Put in some darker flesh tones too, and painted the ladies legs flesh (she looked like she had some horrible brown woolly tights on originally, and they matched her shoes).

Finally I primed and painted the table and chairs to look like those cast iron jobbies you used to find outside pubs (usually painted with black Hammerite), then put it all back together.

Mr and Mrs Summatorother out for an afternoon drink.

couple1.jpg

couple2.jpg 

3Valve

24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
The Glasses were sourced from A Trilfe Small www.atriflesmall.co.uk.

Check them out. Their 1/24th stuff is pretty good and a lot of it cast resin so great for us G-Scalers.

Delivery was quick too. Placed order after 3pm Thursday, arrived Saturday morning.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Nice work. I'll be by for a beer later.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Looks a great addition to your pub (the latter I followed with interest - forever England - made me homesick in a nice way).

The link is a great one too - I've bookmarked it as the 1/24th stuff seems a neglected area for most dolls house furnishings suppliers :D

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
really, really like that garath.. fantastic detailing.

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
3Valve said:

Check them out. Their 1/24th stuff is pretty good and a lot of it cast resin so great for us G-Scalers.

Delivery was quick too. Placed order after 3pm Thursday, arrived Saturday morning.

Thanks for the link to the 1:24 shop. I use quite a lot of doll house stuff on the K&NWLR.

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
3Valve said:

It's tempting to fit out my buffet car with a selection of the items on that website ;)

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Lovley pub Gareth. Great detailing, I need some beer glass's thanks for the info.

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
Another good source of 1.24 stuff is http://www.homesinminiature.co.uk/. I got some of the bits for my 'soul train' wagon from them

3Valve

24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
railwayman198 said:
Another good source of 1.24 stuff is http://www.homesinminiature.co.uk/. I got some of the bits for my 'soul train' wagon from them

Nice one. That Pitcher and Glasses is a must for my pub I reckon, as I'm going to have some more punters outside. Straight glasses at 7mm tall is just about right for G, and they're pre-filled. (a G-scale pint scales out around 5.77mm for a dimpled glass with handle, and 6.66mm for a conical or "nonic" glass, so 7mm is close enough).

OMG assorted drinks too. Where's my wallet :D

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent Gareth, The couple also look like American visitors trying our 'warm' beer in a lovely country pub.. Very nicely done!