I think I did better than this...

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
You could be forgiven for expecting the passage of a heavy train to actually straighten out some of that!!! :banghead::banghead:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I guess as long as the sleepers are in sound condition then the train bogies will just follow the dips with help from the vehicle suspension....

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
Relating to the first vid: The guy doing the filming can see the state of the track and the rolling occuring on the stock, yet he stands on the side that it would fall should it decide to no longer hold on! If a loco did tip there would be no need to bury him, 100 ton of engine would do that quite quickly! :happy:

coyote97

RR, technical things, 4x4
9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
Ooooohhh, no!

They do NOT really drive regularly along this line, do they?

Unbelievable!
As an engineer, i would NOT have driven over that point.
For NO money and under NO pressure.

Greetings

Frank

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
nicebutdim said:
Relating to the first vid: The guy doing the filming can see the state of the track and the rolling occuring on the stock, yet he stands on the side that it would fall should it decide to no longer hold on! If a loco did tip there would be no need to bury him, 100 ton of engine would do that quite quickly! :happy:

Perhaps he was using telephoto, zoomed out as far as he could.
Or he has sublime faith.
Or a death wish.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Or no idea. :rofl:
How come the French resistance managed where Yank techies couldn't? Perhaps because the French knew you have to blow the rails out of alignment. Talk about a sip up in a brewery...:happy:
Now for our amusement and titillation, how many Yanks can hang onto a loco swinging from a crane? :nerd:

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
That first clip is truly scary.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
AH, and you thought that potholes were unique to roads and highways. Apparently you didn't think.8|