I think I did better than this...

You could be forgiven for expecting the passage of a heavy train to actually straighten out some of that!!! :banghead::banghead:

I guess as long as the sleepers are in sound condition then the train bogies will just follow the dips with help from the vehicle suspension....

Relating to the first vid: The guy doing the filming can see the state of the track and the rolling occuring on the stock, yet he stands on the side that it would fall should it decide to no longer hold on! If a loco did tip there would be no need to bury him, 100 ton of engine would do that quite quickly! :happy:

Ooooohhh, no!

They do NOT really drive regularly along this line, do they?

Unbelievable!
As an engineer, i would NOT have driven over that point.
For NO money and under NO pressure.

Greetings

Frank

nicebutdim said:
Relating to the first vid: The guy doing the filming can see the state of the track and the rolling occuring on the stock, yet he stands on the side that it would fall should it decide to no longer hold on! If a loco did tip there would be no need to bury him, 100 ton of engine would do that quite quickly! :happy:

Perhaps he was using telephoto, zoomed out as far as he could.
Or he has sublime faith.
Or a death wish.

Or no idea. :rofl:
How come the French resistance managed where Yank techies couldn't? Perhaps because the French knew you have to blow the rails out of alignment. Talk about a sip up in a brewery...:happy:
Now for our amusement and titillation, how many Yanks can hang onto a loco swinging from a crane? :nerd:

That first clip is truly scary.

AH, and you thought that potholes were unique to roads and highways. Apparently you didn't think.8|