I know what the picture shows but.......

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Just curious..
Was it a 'pukka' LGB tie-strip?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Just curious..
Was it a 'pukka' LGB tie-strip?

Oh yes, a perfectly genuine LGB 1000/3 strip.... a little dusty as though it had been in stock for a while - and if they're trying to charge eleven quid each for them I'm not surprised - but very much the real thing.
Just without its 49 other little friends..... ;)

Jon.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Those boxes of 50 usually go with the tube of 20 x 1.5m flexirail lengths. I have one box somewhere awaiting use with the said rail lengths.
Five of the plastic ties strips go with two of the 1.5m rail lengths so one box and one tube make up 10 x 5ft lengths

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting, Jadlam racing - I have had good and bad experiences with them. I bought a Playmobile yellow diesel set at an excellent price and later, several plastic kits but, one WW2 tank advertised as 1/24 was in fact 1/72.
I contacted them several times with no response. In the end it was resolved by Ebay with a refund.
Jadlam appear to be “off the wall” in some of their transactions. Too many items to keep tabs on and inexpetienced staff? Even so they ought to get their act together in their complaints dept. It has put me off buying from or recommending them in future.

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
I've only bought a couple of LGB items from them and I've found their prices and service to be very good.

Of course I don't know what their after sales service is like if you have a problem.

Sarah Winfield

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Disappointing, this one must have been a bit of a sleeper, you were right to sever your ties with them, don't rail about it, keep on track otherwise there would be no point. It will turnout OK in the end.

David

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Disappointing, this one must have been a bit of a sleeper, you were right to sever your ties with them, don't rail about it, keep on track otherwise there would be no point. It will turnout OK in the end.

David

There's really no answer to that, David, as I think you've used up all the puns in one post..... :confused:

Jon.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
There's really no answer to that, David, as I think you've used up all the puns in one post..... :confused:

Jon.

So David pipped you at the post then Jon? :nerd:

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
So David pipped you at the post then Jon? :nerd:

Was probably railroaded into it but got the point but then switched and ended up in a loop..................... hat, coat, door...

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Hopefully others might see the continuation of this topic. I never did find out the conclusion.

The price on ebay for the strip of LGB sleepers varies between £5.50 at Jadlam and £2.18 from Germany plus £13.00 P & P

However, a similar PIKO item is for sale at TopsSlotsnTrains at a very competitive £1.79. Apart from the PIKO one being slightly shinier with sharper corners, possibly from a newer mold, they are not unlike each other. Certainly I have 10 on order for my brass rail.

Prices vary so much that it's easy to feel sorry for those who are paying the higher prices.

Sarah Winfield