I know what the picture shows but.......

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Re the following link.

The picture shows a plastic run of sleeper. What does the 11.13/16 imply and the (50-piece}?

It says in the description LGB which to me means G scale do LGB make other gauge models?

Maybe it's me. I never was the sharpest pencil in the box.

Sarah Winfield

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Need the linky please Sarah....

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
My guess is that the length of sleepers is 11 13/16 of an inch long, or near as dammit, a foot. This equates to a 300mm length of LGB flexi track. Obviously no rails included.

Maybe, but I'm not sure, the seller has 50 sections for £15.21, which seems like a good price? But I would check with the seller first.

I can confirm it is LGB, which is now made by Maerklin....

Gardenbahner

Registered
10 Jul 2013
Best answers
Reactions: 1 users

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Good spot Eric!

Actually that looks like the seller I bought from early last year: there was an N gauge loco at a "too good to be true" price but I risked it and bought one. It arrived from Amazon Germany as a "gift", which prompted me to go find the same item direct from Amazon even cheaper. They'd actually done me a favour as otherwise I wouldn't have known about the Amazon deal itself (a brand new £90+ loco for £35) so I still ended up with two new locos for less than the normal price of one! Suffice to say that I spread the word on the N gauge forum and a few others took advantage of the Amazon deal. Soon after the loco reverted to a more normal price on Amazon, and the re-seller's price also went up of course. The re-seller's mark-up wasn't actually too bad (£39 against £35 direct from Amazon)

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very interesting to click on the 'see all buying options' on the Amazon link. Both eye watering and give away prices available. What on earth is the world comming too?

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
I still don't know whether this is for one tie or 50. I sent the bay seller a message to this effect, their reply:-

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing one of our items listed on eBay.

I am going to forward your inquiry to the operations and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Sam Wilson"

It appears any way to prise money out of people's hands is legitimate.

Sarah Winfield

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Well, the Amazon link definitely APPEARS to offer a box of 50; I've just ordered a box from them (I figured they are always a handy thing to have around in case of any track with broken sleeper strips), from the seller who is charging about £11 with free shipping; I didn't for a moment trust the one offering a box for a couple of quid.....
The seller name, Jadlam Racing, is one that I recognise - so we will see if it is genuine, the system says it should be delivered in a couple of days. At worst I will be out a few quid, though even that shouldn't happen with all the Amazon buyer protection - if it's not a box of 50 as promised, then I'll just file a "not as described" claim and should get refunded.
Will let you all know if and when it arrives!

Jon.

MTheStrong

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Harwich
Best answers
Country flag
Well, the Amazon link definitely APPEARS to offer a box of 50; I've just ordered a box from them (I figured they are always a handy thing to have around in case of any track with broken sleeper strips), from the seller who is charging about £11 with free shipping; I didn't for a moment trust the one offering a box for a couple of quid.....
The seller name, Jadlam Racing, is one that I recognise - so we will see if it is genuine, the system says it should be delivered in a couple of days. At worst I will be out a few quid, though even that shouldn't happen with all the Amazon buyer protection - if it's not a box of 50 as promised, then I'll just file a "not as described" claim and should get refunded.
Will let you all know if and when it arrives!

Jon.
Jon,

If it is Jadlam Racing I have purchased several Scalextric cars from them. They were sent sameday and I received them the following day without any problems

Martin

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
I bought 3 LGB buffer units from them without any problems,

I'll be interested in what you are sent and hope it is as described.

Sarah Winfield

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
I bought two lots of Piko ones (25 in a box) which cost me a total of £49, so if you get them at the price mentioned I will feel well gutted.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Well, I've had an Amazon email confirming dispatch of the package to me..... projected arrival date Tues 8th.
I'll keep everyone updated!

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Those are not LGB ties, but tie strips that fit LGB... aftermarket

The Amazon listing that I actually ordered from clearly states Marklin branding, Greg...... and the package size and weight quoted also indicate a full box of 50 strips.... guess we will see when it arrives.....

Jon.

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Re the following link.

The picture shows a plastic run of sleeper. What does the 11.13/16 imply and the (50-piece}?

It says in the description LGB which to me means G scale do LGB make other gauge models?

Maybe it's me. I never was the sharpest pencil in the box.

Sarah Winfield
It is the length in inches of the tie/sleeper section, same length as the one used on 1000 track, every other tie/,sleeper is it connected on one side then the other. LGB sells code 332 rail in 5 foot lengths a c when installed in the tie/,sleeper sections allows the user to bend the section into any diameter wiched,Bill

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry Jon, the picture did not look right, but re-reading the site, it does indeed claim that they are manufactured by LGB.

Let us know what you get, clearly the picture is the wrong color for those ties.

Greg

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Did the item arrive and was it what was expected, please?

Sarah Winfield

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Nothing arrived yet, hoping for Tuesday delivery, will keep everyone updated...... not overly optimistic, TBH, because it's way too expensive for 1 strip and way too cheap for 50.......

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Well, an update as promised....... sadly, it's the one I expected rather than the one I (vainly) hoped for - this morning a jiffy-bag turned up containing, yes, ONE piece of plastic tie strip!
Complaint duly shot off to Amazon, and a response received very quickly from Jadlam Racing, the seller:

"Thank you for your message
Very sorry there seems to be a listing error on Amazon. This has been reported to Amazon to remove the listing.
We will arrange a full refund immediately."

So, there it is. No mention of them wanting me to return the one piece I received (under the terms of Amazon's buyer guarantee, the seller would be due to cover the P&P for the return, so they probably think it's not worth it), so provided I do get the FULL refund as promised, I will be out a few minutes of time and up one "free" tie-strip.......

A lesson for us all, I guess - it looked too good to be true, and sure enough it was! ;)

Jon.