HSB Books

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Best answers
Country flag
Having just had my birthday and looking for something railway themed, I came across these 2 books on the HSB webshop.

The first is 2 boxed books on the history of the line in 2 parts, the first book on the Selketalbahn and the second on the main Wernigrode/Brocken/ Nordhausen lines. A detailed history of both lines and rolling stock, the only drawback is that it is of course a German publication, however with the aid a tablet/ I phone or the like, you use Google translate by photographing the text, a bit time consuming but quicker than me learning German!
the cost for these is €19,95 to me very good for what is covered
108479_badfbf3ace33be5d469d8a3ddac10526.jpg

The second book Our HSB, celebrates the the first 25 years of the HSB, at €29,95 a bit more pricey, but again a great deal of information, in great detail told in a year by year format from 1989 to 2016. Again printed in German.
20181021_152417.jpg

Both books have a vast selection of photos, a lot of which I had never seen before, brought together, with p&p just over £61.00, ordered on line on a Tuesday, delivered the following Friday and the deal maker was a packet of gummy bears in an HSB pack (around the right size for a g scale poster?), also included several timetables and such.

A good buy for anyone modeling the HSB and you will find out why 6101 ran with a wagon/tender fitted with headlamps and why was a camel with 2 humps up the Brocken!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I nearly bought those when I was in the shop in Wernigerode a few weeks ago but they were a bit weighty. I never thought to ask if they could mail them to me. Doh. Anyway glad they have gone to a good home.

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I nearly bought those when I was in the shop in Wernigerode a few weeks ago but they were a bit weighty. I never thought to ask if they could mail them to me. Doh. Anyway glad they have gone to a good home.
I got my copy in Halberstadt Station Bookshop. Weighty tome as you say but I will never regret the lug home as it (the Dirk Endisch pair) is without doubt the most comprehensive book of the Harz that I have seen. Occasional foreys into it with Google Translate have helped me understand many of the Factories and Operating Methods on the Selktalbahn.