Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
korm kormsen said:
thanks.

i just wanted a place, where to gather my things, without loosing them every time a forum goes down the drain.

Yep i use a hard drive :D

littletone

Land Rover 101, Golf
25 Oct 2009
Sutton, Surrey, just south of London
Best answers
Country flag
This is how I did it for my storage sidings. The 'rails' are plasterboard edging with mdf slipped into it.

Tony.

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
I have read, quite a few times before, of folks who have made storage rail tracks from wood. Some, I am sure, will find wooden strips/dowel far more easy to work with than metal and also find it more easily affixed to sleepers/ties, baseboards or timber foundations.

Should the track be subsequntly lifted I believe more uses could be found for the scrap wood than metals. Re-cycling I think they call it. :happy:

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
Steve said:
korm kormsen said:
thanks.

i just wanted a place, where to gather my things, without loosing them every time a forum goes down the drain.

Yep i use a hard drive :D

how selfish! :crying:
(Sir, you got the honour to receive the first smilie, i ever published in this forum)

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
I have started building my own to save cost, it is not worth the time for a few short sections of plaintrack but large amounts may be.

I use marcway track componatnts which are basicly copper clad paxolin with peco type nicklesilver rail,

I got some plans sent to me by another forum member, and have made two turnouts, the cost was around ten pounds for componants for the two , plus my time which was around ten hours, I also made a bespoke crossing, which I could not buy at the angle I wanted, for less than £200, the parts for that were around £20, straight plain track would be around £1 per foot, it would be cheaper in brass but brass is a sod to solder, most American modellers build their own track with wooden ties and spikes but dont know how long that would last outdoors.

The good thing about it is that electrically it is simple to wire and once laid does not move about like flexi track.

Pete