Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeface_

dude with a face
24 Nov 2023
WI
Best answers
Country flag
Hi. I'm just some dude who likes trains. I honestly don't like this forum as much but that's partially due to my out of date browser which I refuse to replace. I'm active a lot on Garden Railway Forum which is a much nicer forum than this one so there isn't much reason to be here but here I am anyway. I won't go on too long because this post is going to be deleted in 90 days which doesn't happen on GRF.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hello - and welcome to a forum that has a lot going off! Do you have a sense of humour? That's about the only sense I've got these days! Quite a few of us like humour but, more importantly, we like looking at other peoples railways - so pictures are really welcome!
You'll get used to us - I have had great help in the past from people on here!

Mick

Reactions: 1 user

dudeface_

dude with a face
24 Nov 2023
WI
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Mick. Humor is the most important sense! No railway yet, but I hope to start laying some track next year.

dudeface_

dude with a face
24 Nov 2023
WI
Best answers
Country flag

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, although if you say you don't like it much, I'm not too sure of your motive for being here! As fo HO in the garden, it can be done, but at ground level, you're always going to have problems

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure whether to say welcome or not. 90 days, not sure where that came from (EDIT OF I SEE NOW IN THE NEW MEMBERS FORUM NOTES) we all try to behave and be kind to each other here so on that basis welcome. I rather like your early attempts at a railway, we all had to start somewhere my early attempts were not much different just some track in a planted rockery. Be good to see how you get in when further progress occures.

Last edited:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I'd welcome you to the madness ..but .

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi and welcome, bit of an odd introduction, sorry YOUR browser is an issue, and I can assure this is a very nice forum, especially when you join in

I won't go on too long because this post is going to be deleted in 90 days which doesn't happen on GRF.
Not sure where you got that impression New to Garden Railways and new to the Forum this is my introduction from February 2018, and still available

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
There is a mention of the '90 days' in the tumbleweed of information that got pulled over to this iteration of the Forum. - Probably from the the forum/software before the forum/software before last?

The daily coffee morning threads were (I believe) only to last 90 days, but hard-drives have got cheaper since then..

You get used to working with the software, and (mostly) get to ignore the more intrusive placement of content within a thread posting. - Though you can pay a small fee to opt out of most of it.

A first, or nick, name is good.. Or we can just call you Dudeface.

Many of us are also on the Garden Railway Forum as well, so we know where you are! ;)

PhilP

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
There is a mention of the '90 days' in the tumbleweed of information that got pulled over to this iteration of the Forum. - Probably from the the forum/software before the forum/software before last?

The daily coffee morning threads were (I believe) only to last 90 days, but hard-drives have got cheaper since then..

You get used to working with the software, and (mostly) get to ignore the more intrusive placement of content within a thread posting. - Though you can pay a small fee to opt out of most of it.

A first, or nick, name is good.. Or we can just call you Dudeface.

Many of us are also on the Garden Railway Forum as well, so we know where you are! ;)

PhilP
Or even Dude?

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
My no longer existent ho railway that nothing ever successfully ran on. See more here. Garden Railway Forum - Login
View attachment 321828View attachment 321829View attachment 321830
Any gauge is do-able in the garden; I remember an article about a guy who ran n gauge in the garden.

The big proviso is, however, that the smaller the scale, the higher the maintenance - mainly because, as your pictures show, a small piece of earth becomes a much larger obstacle in the smaller gauges.

Large scale (as in G scale which we all know isn't actually a scale) is beginning to offer better value for money, as the cost of some of the equipment in the smaller scales is increasing significantly.

But, hey, get a bit of track down somewhere, on a bit of hard standing if necessary, and play trains - that's the enjoyable bit :):)

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
I honestly don't like this forum as much ...

welcome Grumpy!

your introduction remembers me of the statement (forgotten by whom) that he would never join a club, that would accept him as a member...

let me tell you a secret: when this forum was founded, many of us were discontent and felt uncomfortable - but "our" former forum was gone.
this forum, although a bit Monty Python-eske, is creepy! it creeps under one's skin.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
your introduction remembers me of the statement (forgotten by whom) that he would never join a club, that would accept him as a member...
Yep, that sounds like me.

David

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard, DUDEFACE. I must say, you don't pull any punches.....:rofl:.....As Korm Kormsen mentioned, our forum is a place to have fun and share one another's knowledge and trains. I have made many good friends on this forum. Even though I have only ever met one of them in person. But all of them are welcoming types. I think you will find this forum grows on you.....:clap:

Reactions: 1 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Was that one of the Marx brothers?

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
welcome Grumpy!

I was unsure whether it was Oscar Wilde or Groucho Marx, Korm, so I checked and it was Groucho Marx (although I'm sure Oscar Wilde would have been happy to have said it).

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I am sure either of them would have used all of the right words...
But not necessarily in the right order!
:blush::D

PhilP

dudeface_

dude with a face
24 Nov 2023
WI
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, although if you say you don't like it much, I'm not too sure of your motive for being here! As fo HO in the garden, it can be done, but at ground level, you're always going to have problems
I joined because GSC is a bigger forum, in 8 hours this has gotten I don't even know how many replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.