Here at last - new Preiser Loco Crews!

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
For the last couple of years Preiser have been promising three packs of all-new European steam loco crews, to provide Euro-profile G scalers with some alternatives to the classic (but only) pair that have been available from them up till now.

Well, two of the three new sets are finally available - I noticed them start to be listed on eBay.de a week or so ago, found the cheapest German supplier and ordered myself a pack of each. There is a third variant listed, but for some reason no-one seems to have any yet and Preiser's own website is showing it as unavailable - maybe they had some moulding difficulties with them...?

Anyway, here are the two that are available, just arrived in the post this morning: Preiser codes are 44918 for the left-hand pack, 44919 for those on the right. They are all well up to what you'd expect from preiser - great design and moulding quality, well-applied paint and details, and well sized for most G-scale uses. The figures are all just a shade over 70mm tall, so will fit comfortably in most loco cabs.

New loco crews.jpeg

The poses are usefully designed, my only negative point being the Fireman in the 44918 pack who is walking with an oilcan - great for placing on the ground in a Loco Depot, but slightly less useful as footplate crew. His walking pose also means he will not easily stand up, and he will have to be securely glued or pegged in place wherever you want to use him (all the figures will need this, of course, but he will need special care). His driver may well get paired with a different fireman on whatever loco I use him for!

Other than that, all excellent figures, and it will be nice to see some more variety on my loco footplates!
I'm sure they will be in stock very soon with UK suppliers, if they're not already.

Jon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Modell-land - 18 euro

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Is the one on the right practicing for a Tommy Cooper impressions evening at the local amateur dramatics meet?....... Just like that!

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Modell-land - 18 euro

Got a direct link to them, Alan? I couldn't see them on M-L's site, either under general figures or under Preiser.....

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Is the one on the right practicing for a Tommy Cooper impressions evening at the local amateur dramatics meet?....... Just like that!

"Not like that - like that! Ahurhurhur....."

True genius, still sadly missed....

Jon.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Nah!.. .. .. ..

"Gangnam style!!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Got a direct link to them, Alan? I couldn't see them on M-L's site, either under general figures or under Preiser.....

Jon.
Looks like they have all gone. I got two sets of each just last week (not actually for me but for friends). Well I hope i did, order confirmed but not yet received.