Hello to the group from Scotland.

tgood

Registered
12 Mar 2018
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Hello to the group from Scotland.
Looking forward to chatting with you all at some point.
I have no railway as yet and been trying to get something started for last 3 years ( yes that is how long I have had a loco, some track and rolling stock).
One day...……………………..
Lay out a simple circle or oval and you'll be surprised where it goes from there.
Enjoy
John Thorogood from America with Scottish heritage. Mitchel family. Sister one played the bagpipes.
Love Scotland The Brave

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
welcome Mallorr

As one who has had analysis paralysis with planning a railroad, I say to you with humor and respectfully...

quit futzing about. buy an oval and 1-2 points, and a good power supply and get on with it.

It makes great company to a single malt.
a garden train, inside or out, is a great and long lasting joy.

oh yes, Merry Christmas to you as well!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
welcome Mallorr

As one who has had analysis paralysis with planning a railroad, I say to you with humor and respectfully...

quit futzing about. buy an oval and 1-2 points, and a good power supply and get on with it.

It makes great company to a single malt.
a garden train, inside or out, is a great and long lasting joy.

oh yes, Merry Christmas to you as well!
Funny isn't it, with all the stress, hard work, burnt fingers cut hands, aching limbs from crawling around the garden, lack of cash, lack of enough time and all, we still love every minute of our hobby!

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Funny isn't it, with all the stress, hard work, burnt fingers cut hands, aching limbs from crawling around the garden, lack of cash, lack of enough time and all, we still love every minute of our hobby!

All very true, but then think about the sort of things that "normal" people do for "fun" - like paying huge sums of money for the privilege of throwing themselves down mountainsides with planks strapped to their feet, or jumping out of perfectly good aeroplanes....? :rofl:

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
All very true, but then think about the sort of things that "normal" people do for "fun" - like paying huge sums of money for the privilege of throwing themselves down mountainsides with planks strapped to their feet, or jumping out of perfectly good aeroplanes....? :rofl:

Jon.
I implied we may be a bit "strange" in our endeavours, not bloody lunatics!:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Reactions: 1 users

tramwayknowledge

Tramway Modelling
22 Oct 2011
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome on board Mallorr. I am in the process of building my garden tramway at Falkland in Fife. Infrastructure (it's a raised line - I'm too old for all that 'on your knees' stuff) completed this year, close season now, track laying, overhead installation and planting next spring. This will be my second G scale layout and I have been modelling for 50 years, so if I can help with advice, ideas, etc. send me a message. Where in Scotland are you?
new year card simple.jpg

Reactions: 1 user