hello, this is GnomeraiL in Hertfordshire.

GnomeraiL

Registered
17 Sep 2016
hertfordshire
Best answers
I've been planning my garden railway for ever and finally have time space and money to begin. All very new to me so I will be asking for lots of advice.

beachdonkey

Model railways, classic cars, music
14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
A warm welcome to you GnomeraiL:hi:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Mr Gnome - yes, we do advice, interspersed with any amount of other rubbish :mm::mm::mm:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask any questions, you'll usually get a sensible answer or two in among all the banter..... ;)

A Gnomy loco......

lehmann_gnomy_2.jpg

A little in-joke, since Gnomy are (were) a range of little push-along toys made by LGB in years gone by.
(Not my pic, found it on the interwebs, so if you want to borrow it to use as as an Avatar then that's OK by me...)

:rofl:

Jon.

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Gnome , there all quiet mad but harmless

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome..
I think you will find your 'Grand-dad' is already on here!!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I've been planning my garden railway for ever and finally have time space and money to begin. All very new to me so I will be asking for lots of advice.
Pity I moved away from Hertfordshire nearly 4 years ago now, you could have seen my line. Might have given you some inspiration.
JonD

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place to ask questions, because we all know it all.....LOL

GnomeraiL

Registered
17 Sep 2016
hertfordshire
Best answers
I've spent all day yesterday getting the garden ready, so much soil to shift even though I am laying a raised track. I am making some buildings, where is best for windows, doors and roof tiles.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I've spent all day yesterday getting the garden ready, so much soil to shift even though I am laying a raised track. I am making some buildings, where is best for windows, doors and roof tiles.

Windows go in the sides, about halfway up.. Doors should be at the bottom of the sides, normally.. The tiles go on the roof!
;):p:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Sorry! I just couldn't resist..

Seriously though, Jackson's Miniatures are probably one of the best..
Search '1/24 dolls house windows and doors' and you will come up with many options.. I would avoid the wooden ones for outside though.

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Windows go in the sides, about halfway up.. Doors should be at the bottom of the sides, normally.. The tiles go on the roof!
;):p:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Sounds about right to me :nod::nod:

The Jackson's stuff is pretty good value for money - I used their windows in my combine :):)

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Sounds about right to me :nod::nod:

The Jackson's stuff is pretty good value for money - I used their windows in my combine :):)

You used 'house' windows and doors on an agricultural vehicle??
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Must stop this. Go to the bank. Go to wholesalers (yes, to buy a whole sail!)..AND to drop off (preferably from a great height) a UPS that is restricting my top-speed in the car at the moment!!

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers

welcome , from another newbie, you need ponds and toadstools, enjoy

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Definitely need a pond for gnome recreational use after a hard day on the railway you had better put a few fish in or you will have a rebellion and a possible gnome slow :rolleyes::rolleyes::rofl::rofl: