Hello from Florida USA

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Hello everyone. I have been looking at a bunch of different forums on here and there is a bunch of great information. So I decided to sign up. I am 44 years old and jumping in to the hobby. I enjoy scratch building and kit bashing. I hope to break ground on my garden railroad soon. I hope to lean on all your knowledge here. I have to build this on a budget . Thanks..

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome aboard, Jack44.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Jack, enjoy your time here, and feel free to ask pretty much anything - most of the time you'll get some sensible answers! ;)

Jon.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome - and don't forget to keep us posted (with pics:))!

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jack. I'm in Northwest Florida, near Destin. Where are you?

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jack. I'm in Northwest Florida, near Destin. Where are you?
I'm in Sarasota Florida. I was hoping by getting on here I could find people close . There is nothing going on down here with g scale. Wish there was a club close.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
To be frank, there's not much large scale interest up here either! A group up in DeFuniak Springs area, but they're into something like 5" gauge!

There are a few folks around but we're all a bit spread out. We have a good HO club in FWB and there are similar groups in Tallahassee and Pensacola.

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Jack and welcome. Have you seen the Florida Citrus railway group, Ken Sargeant is the man, they are quite active in Ft L. I visited there exhibition in Jan 16 they seem very keen. There is another chap in south Miami who had a layout in a barn 40ft x 80 ft, I visited him a few years ago, it was a very impressive set up on many levels, I have family in Kendal , south Miami and have been trying to find railroders in the area for many years when we visit. I do have a UK railway pal who had a house in your neck of the woods but has now sadly sold it.
Maybe one day when we are over, we could meet up
Regards
Dave

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I'm in Sarasota Florida. I was hoping by getting on here I could find people close . There is nothing going on down here with g scale. Wish there was a club close.
Actually, there are a lot of members of the Florida Garden RR Club in the Tampa Division. (http://www.fgrs.org/) They have regular meets - the website manager (Paul) has a layout in North Port, just south of Sarasota. I'm in the Fort Myers area where there are a few local guys who let me run on their tracks.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Jack.