Hello From Cambridgeshire

TerrySoham

Registered
20 Jan 2010
Best answers
It is several years since I last posted on here so I thought it best to reintroduce myself.
I have been G scale modelling in the garden for a couple of decades. Most recently, I have built a double tracked, ground level, roundy-roundy layout in the back garden for my Grandchildren and my neighbours' children to play with. However, my Grandchildren aren't that interested - they prefer Grandad's N scale layout in a spare bedroom! So the garden layout, at best, gets used a couple of times each year when we have a neighbours "get-together". To be realistic, at my age, having an indoor layout where I don't have to worry about the vagaries of the weather is, I think, a good idea.

So, next year, I will seriously have to contemplate selling it for the best price I can get.

Have other older members thought about selling up? What advice would you give me?

Kind regards

Terry

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hullo Terry,

good to hear from you, sad to hear you are selling up....

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I too use my garden line very rarely but I cannot (yet) contemplate ripping it up - I have plans to improve it but then that means spending less time elsewhere. Mine's not totally ground level so I don't have to bend down much.
THe only other thought I have is to catalog all that I have (with photos) and put a notional value on each item. This would then allow the family to dispose of everything without giving it away (or conversely being too greedy) if I drop off my perch!

Maybe you should build something smaller (for your future enjoyment) and sell off the remainder?