Hand controller : DC mode switching to DCC mode

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Best answers
Country flag
I have 2 control systems : one fully dcc & one fully analog with the same PIko hand controller.
The power boxes are totally electrically separated and I use only one at a time.
The same hand controller is connected to the power station via 2 radio transmitters (one DC or one DCC)

The issue I have regularly is to have the Piko hand controller logging in DCC.

I mostly use the DC mode without difficulty but when I want to switch the system control to DCC, I have always problems.
I always switch from one mode to the other with a complete system power feed switched off in between.

Usually I try everything I can, switching on & off the hand controller, touching all buttons of the hand controller until by chance it works. :mad: :mad:

I never identified a way to log on DCC version directly, as the hand controller remains in analog mode while the system power supply is in DCC mode.

Can somebody tell me how to set up the Piko hand controller (same as the massoth) in DCC mode in an easy way ? :cry:

Reactions: 1 user

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have 2 control systems : one fully dcc & one fully analog with the same PIko hand controller.
The power boxes are totally electrically separated and I use only one at a time.
The same hand controller is connected to the power station via 2 radio transmitters (one DC or one DCC)

The issue I have regularly is to have the Piko hand controller logging in DCC.

I mostly use the DC mode without difficulty but when I want to switch the system control to DCC, I have always problems.
I always switch from one mode to the other with a complete system power feed switched off in between.

Usually I try everything I can, switching on & off the hand controller, touching all buttons of the hand controller until by chance it works. :mad: :mad:

I never identified a way to log on DCC version directly, as the hand controller remains in analog mode while the system power supply is in DCC mode.

Can somebody tell me how to set up the Piko hand controller (same as the massoth) in DCC mode in an easy way ? :cry:
Hi - I don't quite understand the configuration you're using for your Massoth/Piko DiMax Navigator. The Navigator and Massoth/Piko Receiver are neither DCC or DC but are a wireless transmitter and receiver to communicate signals to either a Massoth DCC Command Station, or a Piko DCC Command Station, or an LGB 51079 DC Throttle Controller. The receiver plugs into either of these devices. I'm not familiar with the Piko DC Throttle Controller, but I assume it's similar to the LGB unit and works in a similar fashion. So, I don't believe there's should be any issue with the Navigator and Receiver, maybe your Piko DC Throttle Controller? Maybe I'm not understanding your operating problem?

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you Thomas & Greg !
In a very simple manner:
I switch on the power of the DCC central station 35010.
I wait until the red LED of the dedicated radio transmitter light on (seconds) (massoth 8133101)
Then I switch on the hand controller on (35011).
On the screen I have what I call "an analog screen" : the same screen I have when I use my analog DC system (going through a different radio transmitter 35012)
There is nothing going on the railroad.

install power control mod.jpg

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you Thomas & Greg !
In a very simple manner:
I wait until the red LED of the dedicated radio transmitter light on (seconds) (massoth 8133101)
Then I switch on the hand controller on (35011).
On the screen I have what I call "an analog screen" : the same screen I have when I use my analog DC system (going through a different radio transmitter 35012)
There is nothing going on the railroad.

View attachment 313284
These steps are correct:
Then I switch on the hand controller on (35011). WHEN YOU TURN ON THE NAVIGATOR, THE RECEIVER'S FLASHING LIGHT SHOULD TURN TO STEADY ON WHICH INDICATES THE NAVIGATOR HAS CONNECTIVITY WITH THE RECEIVER. THE NAVIGATOR'S TOP RIGHT SCREEN SHOULD ALSO SHOW NAV1P........WHICH ALSO INDICATES IT HAS CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIVER. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SCREEN IS SHOWING WHEN YOU FIRST TURN ON THE NAVIGATOR, MINE SOMETIMES SHOWS THE ANALOG SCREEN......YOU JUST PRESS M2 TO BRING UP THE LOCO # SCREEN, ENTER THE LOCO # YOU WANT TO RUN INTO IT, AND PRESS M3 OKAY. THAT LOCO SHOULD THEN APPEAR ON YOUR NAVIGATOR SCREEN AND YOU CAN THEN STARTING RUNNING YOUR LOCOMOTIVE.

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you very much for this response, Thomas.
Looks to be exactly what I do need.
I am going to test it asap.

:)

Last edited:

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Best answers
Country flag
It works in a perfect manner.
I should have raised my question earlier !!
Thank you again.