G scale in Belgium

Wim6467

Registered
14 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Hello, my name is Wim and I live in Brugge (Belgium). For more than 15 years I have a garden railroad and this is still a wonderful hobby. So I'm glad to be able to read all the information on this forum. I run mostly LGB and Piko on Revalda track. I run DCC with Massoth. Main themes are RhB, HSB and USA. So, let the summer come and enjoy the trains !

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Wim, welcome to the Forum..

You can spend Lockdown reading the many threads on here.. Expect many bad jokes, and 'leg-pulling'.

You have already contributed, as I have learnt of a new track system "Revalda". :)

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hullo and Welcome Wim.

We do have another Belgian member, Max, and a couple of Dutch guys here too, so you should soon feel at home....

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Wim. I have visited Brugge a few times and found it a very pleasant city. Of course I don't live there so don't know what it's really like, hopefully not too bad!

Paul

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Wim, this forum is truly international, so you'll fit in well

Wim6467

Registered
14 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Hello Wim, welcome to the Forum..

You can spend Lockdown reading the many threads on here.. Expect many bad jokes, and 'leg-pulling'.

You have already contributed, as I have learnt of a new track system "Revalda". :)

Thanks for the welcome!
Revalda is a company in Switzerland that produces stainless steel track.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Wim, surprised that you are nit modeling SNCV Vicinal. Very iconic lines that lend themselves perfectly to G scale being mostly Metre Gauge.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Wim, and welcome to the forum.

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Wim, glad to see we're at least three from Belgium!
Groetjes,
Marcel

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here.
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Wim, surprised that you are nit modeling SNCV Vicinal. Very iconic lines that lend themselves perfectly to G scale being mostly Metre Gauge.
Look who's talking now. You live in a country with any number of delightful narrow gauge prototypes, yet you model Harz!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Look who's talking now. You live in a country with any number of delightful narrow gauge prototypes, yet you model Harz!
Yup that is me, I guess that in the early days I was attempting to convert LGB items to Irish Narrow Gauge (yes still not this country). But in the end my visits to East Germany commencing in the 80’s and the growing availability of Harz prototypes suggested a change of emphasis. Somehow UK predominantly the smaller Gauges has not appealed to me. I would be forced to go to 32mm track and that does not run as sweetly as 45mm (here another long thread of rows 32/45 argument). I even had stalwart 32mm guys that reluctantly admitted that their Live Steam locomotives when swopped to 45mm appeared to track so much steadier.

Reactions: 1 user