Fosworks with Massoth Smoke

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with using Fosworks Tx 4/ Rx-24 battery DCC system and got it connected to a Massoth pulsed smoke unit?
Current issue is I'm unable to turn the smoke off via the transmitter. I've confirmed the smoker is set as address 3, has analogue turned off. I've also connected it directly to my Massoth cs to confirm operation which it happily does with F7. When in the battery loco, the smoke operates completely normally with pulsing from the XLS.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with using Fosworks Tx 4/ Rx-24 battery DCC system and got it connected to a Massoth pulsed smoke unit?
Current issue is I'm unable to turn the smoke off via the transmitter. I've confirmed the smoker is set as address 3, has analogue turned off. I've also connected it directly to my Massoth cs to confirm operation which it happily does with F7. When in the battery loco, the smoke operates completely normally with pulsing from the XLS.
Have not tried this but I wonder if the Button is set to Latch rather then Momentary? Not sure how this would effect things. Give Steve at Fosworks a ring, I am sure he would come up with an answer.