flat bed and lower flat beds,crates(scatchbuilt from FRED..TURNER) for me sherman tanks

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
i wud say many thks u to fred-dragon-turner for his exellent scatchbuilt me a flat beds and aslo crates for the flat beds.....awesome pieces of work i ever seen it today with his lovely wife.......

i will do some painting,weathering and aslo details plus bogies with wheels as well this week,,,,,

i have sherman tanks with me....it been layin outside all yrs!!..need to put on the flat bed this yr.......many thks u fred and his wife for chats and info.......it great to see u both...u make me laugh...

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
he is so clever making this awesome crates for me..wow....it so clever...will paint it and weatherin it aslo some bits for the crates....

thks u fred for yr work on it.....wink...

p,s,does it covered up army net on sherman tanks while they transport it?....if yes..i got some usa army nets......

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
steven large said:
he is so clever making this awesome crates for me..wow....it so clever...will paint it and weatherin it aslo some bits for the crates....

p,s,does it covered up army net on sherman tanks while they transport it?....if yes..i got some usa army nets......

They look really "crate":D

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Thanks for your kind remarks Steven. It was a fun afternoon.
ddc4d2938e634bfa919234c708d77f4b.jpg

dragon

24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
steven large said:

They might have covered the tanks with netting if they were close to the front line. Try Google/Sherman tanks/images.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Serious bit of work there Fred:clap:

dragon

24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Philbahn said:

I got so interested doing this I am making a set for myself. Still need some bogies for them.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi philbabh...nice to meet u...yes fred is lovely man and warming....aslo he did explain me hw i do soldering it and aslo info....amazing....
he make my face lit up when he gave me 3 items and the crates aslo dvd as well...so i did gave him stuffs as well.....

i knew he was into model boats coz i saw the wood tht he make....wow...
so fred,,,,,,nxt time pop over and we will have a chats and u can videoin my layouts if u like....best after the new yr when the weather are warm ok.....

aslo i will google on sherman tanks and info.....good job tht i have quite alots of ww2 usa transport at home!!.......plus army

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
wow u got same as mine fred....yes it look superb so i like tht on post 4 ..what is it? usa?...boxcar?....it look like in 40s?...

dragon

24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
steven large said:
wow u got same as mine fred....yes it look superb so i like tht on post 4 ..what is it? usa?...boxcar?....it look like in 40s?...

Those are your wagons! I'm still building mine. LOL

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
lol...thought it was yr...wow...so anyway what will u put on the flatbed fred?

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
so i remember tht mr spockie did once uploading his picture while back ago about sherman tanks and half trucks also howister gun on the flatbed....we want to see his pictures again...hope mr spockie read this and will put it here......

so i will ask my kid to see if she got any old ex necklace tmw...for wrapped around the sherman whislt travelling....plus try to scatchbuilt a loading bay with ramps for sherman to climb up the ramp onto the flatbed and aslo come down....

im not sure tht my grandad did once fixing the sherman tank during the 2nd world war...coz he is a engineer...mmm....

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
dragon said:
Philbahn said:

I got so interested doing this I am making a set for myself. Still need some bogies for them.

Might just be able to help you there Fred:clap:

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
yes he need some bogies for them as he told me yesterday wantin bogies for it.....this late morning i went to my back garden to look for my sherman tank laying somewhere....found them....5 sherman tanks!! 3 shermans and firefly as well......

will dry them out indoor as it was out there for yr....lookin good so need weathering it up ....this morning i have been weathering my k-27 tender and aslo wiring up as well....

fred......if u want sherman tanks on yr flatbed like mine..(if) go to ebay....types...21st century toys sherman tanks.....it come cheap or pricey but i get that for 3-99p.......will get some more......wink........depend the price.........

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Steven
They look very nice those flat beds that Freds done for you :clap:
Do you have any pics of your Sherman Tanks what sort of scale are they ?
Have you looked on the USA Trains web site at the military wagons and locos they do heres a link for you
http://www.usatrains.com/usatrainsarmy.html

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi richie,,,,,,,,yes he is good man.....told him last week tht im looking for parts then he email me saying if i want one so i say yes then he scatchbuiltin it for me and him as well,,,,

ah sherman tanks is from 21st century toys,,,1t was 1-32th scale but it look rite size!!...cheaper....

i was supposed to get 1-24th scale sherman tanks but they come in radio control tht i dont want it so then mr spockie paste me to ebay yr ago...then found it and buy from him aslo my area boyles have them months ago but it all sold out!!!!!!!....

yes i will take a picture of them and post it here as im going to the shop for our tea time tonite....

so hw is the plough but u want motor?..have a look at yr thread tht i post u messages..wink...

dragon

24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Steven. I have had a look at 21st century and the tanks are £20 including postage. That seems to be a lot of money.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi mate....it too much,,,,not 2o pounds!!!...shud be around 3-99p..i will check out at boyles to see if they can re-ordered for me...they did to me before...will get about 5 sherman tanks ....if u want one...let me know i will put aside for u...hope they can re-ordered for me tmw!

2o pounds for this sherman?? rip off.....tht mad!!!!.....mmmm......will ask spockie....wink..

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
sunday 12nd dec....all my sherman tanks were givin a good bath this morning as it were dirty in the soils....so there u go......will weatherin it and aslo try to sort these out for the flat beds ...it fit and it was the rite sizes for these tanks....thks u fred....

and i found nice howister gun as well!!!.......................

1.....all very dirty and muddy...

2......sherman tank

3..sherman firefly coz of long barrel........

p,s,does it work on 2m? 3m> picture sizes on this formus?...coz i have vga....on my digtail camera....where is the blue button?..to make it bigger?.....

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
4.....BATH TIME in our sink...giving a good wash !!!!!

5.....dry out ready for weathering it....aslo some work on it.......

6...ANYONE can help me if they have any spare one for my 9 volts battery as possibles?...pm me or where i can get them from as i cant remember it ...what do u called it?......