Flashing Lights with a Massoth eMotion XLS Sound Decoder - I AM STRUGLING HELP PLEASE

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, I thought that I had this nailed but it appears not.

I tried it on output 3 (F3 on the decoder) and tried the values set out in Attachment 5 of the manual. Special Function F3 (output3) CV114, a value of 1 should give me flashing lights. Then I tried 128 + the 1 to get 129 which should have given me 1/3 on 2/3 off. I got neither lights or flashing with these values. The only place that I can get lights (other then in the normal fwd reverse which I have nailed OK) is in F1-1 (output 1?). This with a value of 0 gives lights at all times but wiered lights on update of the CV 55 to 136.

How do you get a simple flashing light as you see on a shunter? Someone somewhere must have been able to make head or tail of the CV values to get it working. I dont even care which Output (F1 - F5) I use either. I have given up on it being switched as well as these outputs do not appear to be able to have a Function Key assignable to them. Or do they? HELP PLEASE

Thanks in anticipation.
JonD

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Jon,

All of the outputs on the XLS can be enabled/disabled by use of a FKey, and they are determined by the setting of the "Command Allocation" CVs. These CVs can also be set to only allow the function to be on in a specific driving directions.

Specific pairs of outputs can be linked so that they work together.

So if you want to create a pair of alternate flashing lights (connected to A3 & A4) that are switched on/off by pressing FKey 1:

cv113=1
cv115=1
CV114=2 (flash symetrical 1/2sec on, 1/2sec off)
cv116=16 (inverse with A3)

[lang="ja"]

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Mark, many thanks for that, will try it on Thursday next time I am around to do so. Will report on success or otherwise. Was at Mid Hants yesterday with 31609 and 45379 out. great day.
JonD

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Mark,
great a eureka moment it worked for me, but I guess you knew that it would. So many thanks. What a great resource of minds this forum is.

I actually only wanted 1 flashing light, so I tested it out and that is what I got on A3. I guess that if I return 115 and 116 to default and I want it on another F key. So I read in the manual (the bits that make some sense to me) that I can use any between 1 and 16. I would prefer to use an F key that is not already assigned so will probably use 16.

Many thanks again,
JonD