dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I did do a search before I started this thread and it would appear that Feld is relatively but not completely unknown in the UK. First things first, their WebbSite:-

Home page

I now have 3 vehicles from this manufacture a Bogie Open, Van amd a Coach. They were all obtained Second Hand from Glendale and came from the Estate of a sadly deceased customer of Brian's. Though the Feld looks like it may have come from Grootspur originally, certainly the Coach that I picked up from Glendale today did. Which nicely leads me to this little beast that cost me £150. It has been on the Glendale site for some time at £200 and I had convinced myself it was HSB not my thing as I am all DR. Howeve when the price dropped I looked closer and decided as I was taking some stuff in to flog, if it was still available it would be mine.

Some comparisons between it and LGB, the Paint Job is much better and the detailing also. But I believe that these are pretty much Artisien Built rather than Mass Produced. So it is only fair to expect a better look and feel. Brian warns me to be careful as they can be a bit brittle, in fact he had done a repair job on this one's Bogie. I tried to remake the fix with Super Glue but the Bogie Plastic was unstickable with that, so I fused it back together with the Soldering Iron. Job done. The Couplings are somewhat different to LGB but compatible. 1 end only had a Hook so I attempted to put the LGB Hook and Spring on this but failed so swapped it out for an LGB Set. I found that the remaining Feld one was somewhat impossible to uncouple due to flexing of the Bogie Strap to the Coupling, but OK with the LGB one. Something wrong here so I will swop the other end out for LGB as well. The Metal Wheels are very nice and run Smoothly and True. Something that not all non LGB Wheels do.

It is a different Prototype to the LGB 33730 which is the closest to HSB/DR Harz Coach that they do. Certainly the Number Series points to a similar Vehicle but a bit Longer than the Feld one, whereas the LGB Prototype was a bit longer in fact. Confusing a bit, but I guess if you want Perfect Harz Stock you would be buying Train Line and Feld exclusively. So time for a few pics.

Both sides of the Feld Coach
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Length comparison with my Weathered LGB 33730.image.jpeg
End Comparison, note the different Roof Profile. Not something that worries me that much as the Harz Coaches are a mixed lot in this regard, so something different is rather nice.image.jpeg
Roof Comparison.image.jpeg
All in all I am glad I bought this Coach, it fits in nicely with the LGB offerings even though it overshadows them a bit.
JonD

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice Jon, suites your railway.

Reactions: 1 user