Electric Paint

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
Best answers
Country flag
I just found this gem in a Raspberry Pi magazine: a conductive paint that can be used to paint circuits with sensors, repair tracks on existing circuit boards, cold soldering and probably a few more. This should be interesting to anybody working with electronics.

Disclaimer: I haven't used this product myself.

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Many years ago I had a small vial of paint for repairing heated rear windscreen circuits. It worked, though sometimes it was difficult to spot the breaks in the circuit.

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
Best answers
Country flag
I seem to vaguely remember using a kind of pen to fix a rear window heater. I don't think I had a lot of success with it, but that may have had something to do with the high levels of sulphur in the air!

This paint is supposed to be quite thick, almost like glue.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
This looks to be a different product to the 'silver-loaded' paint I have for (PCB) track repairs..
I never found the pen to be very good, but the pot of paint was fine.

Useful if you cut the wrong track on an Aristo, or USAT main circuit board.. You can 'glue' a short piece of wire over the cut with it.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I've still got a tiny pot of the stuff from the good old days of setting the address of Hornby Zero-1 chips. Handy for small electronic repairs but not good if any meaningful current needs to go through the circuit.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I used to frequent The Electric factory in downtown Philly. Back then, 45 years ago, the used glow in the dark paint and black lights to tighten the mood.....:drunk: