dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Type "Edinburgh tram cable wheel unearthed" in to a web search engine for some images.

Great find, I hope that they are both dug up and preserved. One should certainly stay in Edinburgh, the other to either Crich or Summelee Museum in Glasgow.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
It would be nice to think it would be kept together and reassembled somewhere like Summerlee in Coatbridge.
Unfortunately we have a less than good reputation in Scotland recently when it comes to museums, I just hope they don't make a pigs ear of preserving the find.

David

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hm I wonder if Scotland has “Asset of Community Value” Law? That would be a worthwhile way to ensure that they at least get preserved.
It would be nice to think it would be kept together and reassembled somewhere like Summerlee in Coatbridge.
Unfortunately we have a less than good reputation in Scotland recently when it comes to museums, I just hope they don't make a pigs ear of preserving the find.

David

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Hm I wonder if Scotland has “Asset of Community Value” Law? That would be a worthwhile way to ensure that they at least get preserved.
Yes we do, all I need is a recognised group willing to take on the care of the equipment found and somewhere to display it, any East of Scotland members got any ideas?

David