Early 2036 & 3500 Models On Ebay

van5

Talyllyn Railway. I of M, Old Land Rovers
24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
I am still searching for decals for my 2035/3500 set and found these models
on ebay. Item 201463711111.There are no passengers, gates or roof boards and wondered if they were a
variation on the 2035 model or owner modified. Going through the excellent photographs the number 2035
appears on the bottom of the power car.
What do you think?

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
May I add thet the photograph of the box shows 2036 on the label!

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
The yellow tram is a 2035, the 2036 was a red one. I suggest it is in the wrong box. They came with gates & all the other bits, probably were lost or used for something else.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Worth remebering these are possibly 35+ yearts old! First manufactured in'77.
I actually bought some new around '80 for around £170ish eventually sold on when we moved house and the power car got converted to an unpowered trailer as running had become a bit erratic, BUT at least there was nothing missing from them!!

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
The one on eBay not only has the gates & advert boards missing but also the windscreens

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
Gentlemen, I bow to your knowledge, you have spotted the fact that it is the incorrect box for the tram, easiest solution.
However on page 50 there is a photograph of the trailer box showing windscreens and passengers, but no advertising boards!
I love LGB trams but will avoid this set I think, after all it has no decals.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
003.JPG 001.JPG Agree I would definately avoid the Yellow one! close examination of the underside I think shows that the wheels may not be in line!

Re these decals... are you referring to the advertising boards on the rooves?

Not all trams had these of course"
The 2 i am currently offering for sale do not, These are still avaiable if any one is interested!!
See classifieds pics above

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
Sir Steve, The decals i am looking for are the sheet supplied with the model for use on the display boards, destination boards etc. I have tried to add a scan but failed.(Not IT literate)
Regards, Derek.

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
Good morning Peter.
Thank you. I have tried to purchase the 2035 /3 after registering for their ebay. If the seller does not accept Pay pal I am wondering how I can pay them. I have had to rely on Google translate.
I await their reply.
Thank you so much
Derek

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
Do you need the whole sheet or just enough to fit out your trams? There are a few odd bits of the sheets in the odd bits box which would equip a pair of trams.

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
Sir Mike,
I only need the 190mm long banner type "Chlorodont, Jagermeister or Martini" and the 30mm LGB logo.
No response from the German ebay yet which operates in a different way to the UK version
Thank you, Derek

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
Sir Mike,
I only need the 190mm long banner type "Chlorodont, Jagermeister or Martini" and the 30mm LGB logo.
No response from the German ebay yet which operates in a different way to the UK version
Thank you, Derek
PM me your address & I can send some Chlorodont & Martin advertsi. All my trams have British adverts so those never get used anyway.

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
Sir Mike,
That would be lovely, I do not know how to send personal messages on this site. As soon as I find out I will respond.s.

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
I am very frustrated, Member Schienenkonig found me a 2035/3 set for sale, I tried to buy it and my email address gets corrupted every time. I had given up hope of finding them.
Then Dutchelm offers me some and asks for my address by pm. I do not know how to do it.

At 78 I am considering a trip to dignitas!!!

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
I've sent you a message. You should find a notification in the top right hand corner. Once you find it you should be able to reply.

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
The pair of trams mentioned in the original post were sold for £157.76.
I do hope that the purchaser will not be disappointed. I have made some new friends through this post.
Thank you, Derek

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
Yesterday I received from Dutchelm the main decals I needed and today packet 2035/3 arrived from the
German ebay as recommended by Schienenkonig.
Thank you all for your help!
Derek

Andrew B. Middleton

Registered
22 Jun 2016
Beechworth VIC 3747
Best answers
Doesn't that mean that all such model LGB trams will now have identical advertising decals on the sides? Why not re-paint those un-advertised trams in your own livery, with striping etc from a general supplier of such things?