Dorchester Garden Railway Rebuild video blog.

G SCALE JASON

Registered
5 Sep 2019
Berkshire
Best answers
Country flag
As a follow on from my returning to G Scale topic on this very forum I have cobbled together a short video with a selection of pictures and clips of the big, well big to me at least, garden railway rebuild of my dads old Dorchester Garden Railway.

This one shows the railway, well what’s left of it, and the garden as it currently stands along with a couple of thoughts of what the future may hold.

Please excuse the pictures, editing and voice over work I will try and improve as I shoot and edit future videos about my exploits back out in the garden !

Jason.

Reactions: 1 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Of course, once you get 'something' running.. The work-rate tends to drop! ;)

Personally, think this time of year is a good time to try to get on top of things, in the garden.. Things are slowing down, and you feel you can give most things a good cutting-back.

Looking forward to the next installment..

PhilP.

G SCALE JASON

Registered
5 Sep 2019
Berkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the encouragement it all helps.

I am terrible when it comes to distractions and once I had a train running back and forward the rest of the day was a right off build wise !

I have found an overgrown cutting which I want to try and use so may adjust the plan I had to run through the bushes via this cutting.

Part 2 will be a few weeks yet but I want a way of charting my progress as it’s easy to lose track of how, or not, things are progressing over time.

Jason.

G SCALE JASON

Registered
5 Sep 2019
Berkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Ok been back out in the garden and sorted a bit more of the railway, although an unexpected find led to a change of plans, video of what I got up to now live on the youtubes

Garden Railway Rebuild - Part 2

Jason.

G SCALE JASON

Registered
5 Sep 2019
Berkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Again sorry for the rather stilted voice over which I added after the fact, which shows I know.

I had originally planned to do a piece to camera in the garden but my mum had visitors and me standing in the middle of garden taking random pictures got enough looks, can only imagine what they might of thought if I started talking to myself as well !!!

Still maybe next time.

Jason.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Hmmmm......

Talking to yourself AND playing trains..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Perfectly sensible way to behave... After all, Who knows exactly what yo are on about, and will give you the best advice? :think:

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
The chat just don`t matter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just keep us updated!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:;):cool:

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Great work Jason.... it is always lovely to see the rebirth of a layout and the new challenges that come from it....