27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

Looking for some advice from you knowledgeable folk. I recently came in to possession of x2 LGB 3073 (Red) Coaches at a pretty good price (€110 for two)! They arrived today and are in good condition albeit dirty. Just started disassembling to give them a clean and some maintenance.

The only thing I can't figure out how to remove are the windows and the seats. The exploded diagram makes it appear that they just slide in from the top. However, I cannot get them to budge. They bow in the middle but will not slide up. Any suggestions or am I missing something obvious?

Curtis

Attachments

• IMG_9359.jpeg
    IMG_9359.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4350.jpeg
    IMG_4350.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 0

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Bargain!
The windows hold the seats in. The windows should just unclip allowing the seats to be removed but previous owner may have glued the windows in to stop them falling out, which they are prone to do if one of the clips breaks off. If they are glued in you may have a bit of a job on your hands.

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
I thought so!

What do you mean by unclip? I can push the middle of the windows inwards to the passenger part of the coach. They appear to not be fixed in around the sides. The part that isn't moving is the lip that fixes into each end of the coach (above the bogies). Does that sound like they've been glued?

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
It may be there are some end panels to slide out first, which will release the windows then the seats.

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
I figured it out. It required some brute force. I realised that the window piece doesn't slide vertically - you have to push it inwards and it snaps out. Managed to get everything deep cleaned and it's now out to try!

Thanks for the help! I think this is probably my firs time disassembling an LGB piece quite so much. It really makes you appreciate the construction!