Difference in track?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
And, just sometimes. you'll see as many as a hundred people there....
Well if you have enough booze it COULD make the crowd seem to be 100 strong!
My wife went there to watch a match, and she was appalled at the amount of booing by England's opposing teams fans. Whilst most of the crowd politely clapped or cheered, a small minority decided that booing jeering and swearing was the way to go. She was actually quite upset.

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
And, just sometimes. you'll see as many as a hundred people there....
Unless, of course, you are playing for this broken perfume vase...

DSCF3462.JPG

Strange English custom, if Australia win this, it still stays sealed away at Lord's.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Unless, of course, you are playing for this broken perfume vase...

View attachment 288373

Strange English custom, if Australia win this, it still stays sealed away at Lord's.
With all the fuss made about those ashes I somehow thought it would be a bigger container. Hardly worth the effort of getting on a plane to win or loose them.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
With all the fuss made about those ashes I somehow thought it would be a bigger container. Hardly worth the effort of getting on a plane to win or loose them.
Careful Jon!

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
With all the fuss made about those ashes I somehow thought it would be a bigger container. Hardly worth the effort of getting on a plane to win or lose them.
Not cricket, old chap. :(

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Not cricket, old chap. :(
I once infiltrated the Balmy Army.... quite easy actually, I got to the pub first ( a match day tradition/challenge with one of my work/drinking mates) for the lunch break. We then got surrounded by said army, and a jolly good time was had by all.
Big problem with the luncheon drinkies was that by the time you'd finished your first beer, the queue at the bar was intolerably long (made worse by the ponces with funny orders for wines and mixes), so was born the tradition of bulk ordering first up..... we could get in two, or even three, beers to the slow coach's one, and get back to the game, without missing a ball.