Decoder fitting

Jayarmin

Registered
20 Sep 2020
Durham uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all, i’m in the process of fitting an 55021 decoder to a old 3 pin lgb loco, I have isolated the motor and attached wires to it, attached two wires to the pick ups and pulled the lot Through. This is my first attempt at fitting my own decoder and was wondering where do I wire the lights up to ? One for forward, one for back and a cab light. Thanks as always

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
There are 8 pins to the rear or opposite end where the green/brown/white and yellow wires come out. The furthest 2 are the rear light + left - right. Next two forwards are the front lights. Next two are motor. Next two are F1 which I think can be used for cab light.

Jayarmin

Registered
20 Sep 2020
Durham uk
Best answers
Country flag
Just fitted another 55021 chip and I can’t get the lights to work on this one, this time it plugged right in. Haven’t touched any of the cvs apart from the address.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Just fitted another 55021 chip and I can’t get the lights to work on this one, this time it plugged right in. Haven’t touched any of the cvs apart from the address.
What have you put it in, were the lights working before you chipped it? If not can you check the bulbs are not blown.

Jayarmin

Registered
20 Sep 2020
Durham uk
Best answers
Country flag
Just a lgb shunter, front back and a cab light we’re all working fine

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Just a lgb shunter, front back and a cab light we’re all working fine
Ok did you set all the Dip Switches to off? The other thing that can be an issue with lighting is speed steps being different between controller and the loco. This could include updates to the dreaded CV 29. Hm good luck with that.......

Jayarmin

Registered
20 Sep 2020
Durham uk
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah all set off, maybe do a reset and start from Scratch

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah all set off, maybe do a reset and start from Scratch
Beware of a reset!

It will set all the voltage dividers to full track power..

If you should put the loco on your track (as opposed to a programming track) you will blow all your bulbs.

PhilP

Jayarmin

Registered
20 Sep 2020
Durham uk
Best answers
Country flag
Problem solved, turns out the board was burnt, lucky had a new board and all working

Reactions: 1 user