idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Ref picture below, does anyone know where I can source decals for the STLB logo and etched plate for the VL13 number?
My usual source of decals/transfers Herr Troeger only does Pinzgauer 2095 numbers as far as Austria is concerned.
Thanks for any leads or suggestions. FYI I have tried printing my own decals with no success.

murtalbahn-vl-13-mit-gueterzug-70577.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You could try here:

They can create something like an etched plate as well..

Mention 'PhilP' suggested you try them.

PhilP

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent suggestions David and Phil, just what I was after, thanks!

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for this David. Slightly weird, you are asked to bid for this and you select the loco number you want if/when you win the auction. The seller has dozens of etched loco plates, you'd think it would be a buy it now price.

That's a very odd way of doing business, I agree.... maybe he thinks he's going to get more for some of them, if several people want them at the same time...? Or maybe it's something to do with eBay fees, is it cheaper to have an auction listing than a BIN....?

Dunno. Funny thing, evilBay! :confused:

Edit: just had another look at the listing, somebody has already bought VL14 I assume!

Jon.

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
That's a very odd way of doing business, I agree.... maybe he thinks he's going to get more for some of them, if several people want them at the same time...? Or maybe it's something to do with eBay fees, is it cheaper to have an auction listing than a BIN....?

Dunno. Funny thing, evilBay! :confused:

Edit: just had another look at the listing, somebody has already bought VL14 I assume!

Jon.
Reference eBay - a bit difficult to explain, but since they changed the listing format there is a loss of control for the seller in respect of duration and ability to wait before deciding to relist when there is a fee promotion. I avoid BINs altogether now, setting my start price at what it would have been happy with for a Buy It Now. Financially it's paid dividends on occasions.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Have you built a VL13 replica ?
Did you use a V52 loco as a base ?

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Slightly weird, you are asked to bid for this and you select the loco number you want if/when you win the auction

Right! Now that I've checked my Purchase History, I can say that I bought some etched number plates off this seller (I was the only bidder on an auction item). There was a bit of uncertainty on the part of the seller (despite offering free postage to the UK, he said that was only meant to cover mainland Europe; I paid by bank transfer, which was the only option, given on ebay but he said he was worried about incurring bank charges). Nevertheless, the item that I won duly arrived, along with details of how to contact him direct for any further purchases. If you go to Schilder you'll find the index. Go to http://mzb.bplaced.net//schilder/kat/2_Schilder_Priv.pdf and you will see . . .

1599927208538.png

(so, it seems that VL14 isn't offered, rather than already being sold on ebay)

The price is lower that the ebay starting price. You'd have to email him to check on postage costs, and see how he wants paying.

All the best

David

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Have you built a VL13 replica ?
Did you use a V52 loco as a base ?
Not yet but that is my intention, whether I will get around to it is another matter! :)

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
So I "won" the ebay auction and received the etched plates for VL13, see picture below. Very good quality. Peter Fuchs has very good English (at least written, I haven't spoken to him) and he posted them to the UK for no extra charge. This is his web page, he does a wide variety of etched plates for many OBB and lokalbahn lines in "G" scale (II, IIm, IIe) and also HO, HOe, N, O, 1, etc. Recommended.
Schilder

IMG_20200928_134233.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Dave

Useful information and link. Thanks very much.

Simon